FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2012 FJR1300A
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I've been buying and selling online for the better part of 25 years back to ebay in the late 90s. This is a scenario that has me feeling a little off.

I posted a WTB thread here, and within a few hours I get a PM from a brand new member, with 1 post in the new member threads, that says contact this email he has one "in good and perfect condititon." Ok. A little weird, but whatever. I emailed that address. The response I got was, "I have the part for sale in good and perfect condition." That.....seems....really weird. To use, good and perfect condition in the exact same way across two users. I dunno. I feel like this is potentially scammy. I generally buy from well established and generally respected forum members with little concern, but this has me on edge. We're not to a point where he's asking for money - but I'm curious on thoughts when it gets that far.

·
Registered
2012 FJR1300A
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
And actually, in my recommended reading I see scam alert threads with others getting similar messages...so this is a thing then.

Reactions: Damir

·
Premium Member
1,410 Posts
It's a scam that's worked before, even here. Read the sticky's at the top of the buy/.sell section. Ask that email address for a pic of the part with the seller giving the peace sign in the pic, or something unique. If the seller is legit he should do that without an argument.

·
Registered
2007 FJR1300A
2,510 Posts
Yup - Scam. Any wanted add here typically results in an almost immediate reply from a brand new user that just happens to have the weird thing you are looking for.

·
Premium Member
1,410 Posts
I think you need special stuff for LED's.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts