FJR Owners Forum banner

Building a faster FJR

53K views 94 replies 52 participants last post by  mobilemike 
I'm sorry, I know this is an old post, but I was reading through it and I thought I would want to add my own two cents. I agree 100% with original poster. I've been looking for more power and torque myself. I've tried reading other bikes like the Hayabusa, the BMW 1300 S, ZX 14. I love the power that those bikes had but we're just too uncomfortable for my 6'2, 280 pound frame. People have suggested trying out the Connie and also the BMW K 1600, but I don't want any more weight. I came from a VFR to the FJR and was really worried about the extra weight on the FJR. I certainly don't want to go any heavier than that.

The few mods that I have done to my 2006 FJR with a decent outcome are with a PC 5, K&N air filter, and delkevic slip-ons, I was able to reach 131 rwhp. Unfortunately, I got greedy and wanted to add headers to see if I can squeeze out anymore HP. I bought a set of used holeshot headers, and they didn't fit with a delkevic pipes. So I purchased a set of brand new holeshot pipes to go with the headers. I took it back to the Dyno and dropped to 125 HP at the rear wheel. Needless to say I was very disappointed with Dale Walker at holeshot. I would think with all the R&D that he is done that with aftermarket headers, he would at least be able to match the horsepower of the factory headers, and not go backwards.

Anyway just my 2 cents, if anybody knows of a better combination of aftermarket headers and pipes please let me know.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.