FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there still a model specific tyre to select or do people use the standard one?

·
Registered
149 Posts
the rear bridgestone does have a N added on the FJR. It does mean that its classed a Special fitting

with avon and michelin they are standard tyres

something to do with the sidewalls being reinforced I think

:roll:

·
Registered
307 Posts
Tontofjr you are right, the N spec bridgestones were a special release for the heavier touring bikes. They had heavier/firmer/thicker sidewalls on them. These were on the FJR's released with the 020's fitted as standard equipment.
These N spec tyres are not available in Australia and I now on my 4th set of standard 020's without any issues or problems arising. My bike came standard with Metzlers and I 'personally' have more confidence in the 020's.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Keith the avatar tea leaf... :p

I like jwm, have run with standard 020 boots...no probs mate...

Reeso...

·
Registered
149 Posts
Sorry when I said N I meant NT They were the tyres fitted with the bike from new if Bridgestones were fitted

They are good tyres the only drawback on them is they are not repairable for punctures, dont ask me why cos I dont know , but Avons are repairable and Michelins

·
Registered
238 Posts
tontofjr said:
Sorry when I said N I meant NT They were the tyres fitted with the bike from new if Bridgestones were fitted

They are good tyres the only drawback on them is they are not repairable for punctures, dont ask me why cos I dont know , but Avons are repairable and Michelins

Repairing a MC tyre and riding it in traffic, high speeds, under load and track days!?!? Do you feel secure and OK with that?. If its OK by you, You can repair the BT 020's in the same fashion as the other brands. No probs there. The results are the same. There is a lot of opinions about this subject. Personnally I won´t ride with a repaired tyre other than to the nearest tyre shop.

The 020's are my personnal choice. Mainly because they warm up fast and give a reliable grip in rain and low temperatures. These factors are important over here. I just can't justify riding with repaired tyres on a motorcycle. But that is just me and my jackassed opinions :lol:

The riding season just started and temps are 0 - 5 Celsius with fair amounts of rain. The snow has almost melted and things are looking quite good. My bike looks like a dirt bike right now. Serious buisiness :mrgreen:

Finnfjr :lol:

·
Registered
149 Posts
When I said the 020 NT are not repairable I mean that the tyre people will refuse to do it.
The standard 020 are repairable by tyre dealers ,this is as long as the puncture is in the right part of the tyre, my last 3 punctures have been on 020 NT's and I am getting fed up having to buy a new tyre everytime so next tyres will be Avons which are repairable .

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.