FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
502 Posts
It will help us help you if you tell us the year of your FJR. ;) That will tell us if you have ABS or not.

·
Premium Member
2,073 Posts
Do a search, there is a proper bleed sequence and cycle of the ABS pump.

·
Registered
2006 FJR1300
107 Posts
@judgedelta after you installed your speed bleeders did the brakes feel firm? And, after two weeks they feel spongy? If so, another bleeding procedure (with ABS cycling) is in order, and make sure that the speed bleeders (like the standard nipples) are snugly tightened. As Whooshka said, there are a lot of articles you can find on this forum to help you with the proper bleeding order/procedure. If after a while the sponginess returns (it should not), then there might be a loose fitting (banjo bolt) or a compromised brake line to look for.

·
Premium Member
Versys 1000, VFR800
11,615 Posts
Check too your rear brake pedal is not sticking and fully returning under it's own power..... a fresh bleed might just fix you up.... if still not feeling firm enough for you, bungie cord the rear brake pedal to the centerstand and leave overnight..... check again in the morning.
PS - put your bike in your profile, it helps us figure out things faster.

·
Registered
FJR1300A 2008
2,152 Posts
Got on my bike after about two weeks of installing speedbleeders. Rear brake seems to be spongy, Think I need to bleed it (them) again? Any tips? Thanks.
Judgedellta,

Check the manual, but I believe your FJR has linked brakes. If so, you will need to bleed the correct front caliper first, then the rear. You should cycle the ABS system, too.

It will help if the brake pedal is free (pivot point clean and lubricated). It will also help if you allow the brake pedal to snap upwards after each press (just side-step the pedal). This trick will move more brake fluid than just letting the brake pedal rise as your foot rises.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts