FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
Versys 1000, VFR800
10,764 Posts
There's a few things in there you'll not likely use..... the good news, the screws are steel not aluminum. That is an Ali-Express seller, perhaps try to buy individual items you know you need. The price is right.

·
Registered
2003 FJR1300R / 2007 Husq SMR 510
572 Posts
There's a few things in there you'll not likely use..... the good news, the screws are steel not aluminum. That is an Ali-Express seller, perhaps try to buy individual items you know you need. The price is right.
I am missing a few of the plastic fasteners with the push button and the Phillips head and almost every one I touch loses a tab on the inside so I’d like to replace them. If anyone knows where to get a bunch of those I would be very grateful. As for the screws I get stainless from the Depot and add a washer and they work just fine.

·
Premium Member
Versys 1000, VFR800
10,764 Posts
Those screw type only available as OEM... at least the ones that work properly. You can replace them with push pins..... can buy bulk 6mm from China but not the greatest, OEM better but not cheap.

Reactions: natsmada4fjr

·
Registered
40 Posts
FWIW Iv'e bought the plastic push pin fasteners off Azon and Ebay for spares. They indicate 6mm but are slightly larger than 6mm and do not fit very well on the FJR. Ive used them, but kiss them on a file to make them fit correctly. Plus the FJR uses long and short 6mm push pin fasteners.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts