FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to all:
I need insight into a FJR fuel injection circuit "situation".
Bought a good condition FJR
with approx. 34000 miles, great price, accessories, etc. Rode for about 1500 , no issues, all good, great bike as everyone said, it performed as advertised. First "road trip" first leg, 490 miles. Stayed in hotel. Next morning no start. Read forums to get clues. Traced to ignition, fuel injection section. Hot wired ignition, per instructional from forum. Rode back 490 miles with hot wire setup. Key switched main power as it should and hot wire brought fuel injection online. Seemed to work with no issues. One day back in town still hot wired. Next morning no start.
Suspected hotwire lost contact .
Decided to completely rewire hotwire setup with a fuse as a secondary switch for fuel injection section. When I wired it all up and tried it, heard fuse or relay sound couldn't be sure witch, no starter . Disconnected battery. Checked all known fuses, no fuses were blown. Reconnected battery and speedometer "did not sweep" as it always did before when battery leads are both connected. I have ordered ignition switch (Covid delayed) they said 60 days maybe. Also ordered a fuel pump relay as a Yam tech told me he had issues with same. Also ordered Haynes. My owners manual sez FJR 1300 S (C) and SA (C). I have not found matching wiring diagram with exact same wire colors or listed as the S(C) or SA(C). I have the non abs
S(C) model. Any advice, from anyone who has insight into this area, would be greatly appreciated. I have motorcycle knowledge, but this is my first FJR. Thanks for any info.
Mike

·
Premium Member
Versys 1000 CBF1000 VFR800
9,323 Posts
Be aware the Gen1's and 2006's had ignition switch failures and there was a recall. I'd just find me a new ignition switch by the sounds of it. You could get a dealer to run your VIN and see if the recall was done on your bike..... not sure if they'd honour that now, but worth a shot.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I'm not sure if this would impact what you're experiencing but also take a look-see at the big white connector under the tank just south of the stem. Has been known to degrade and cause issues.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hello to all:
I need insight into a FJR fuel injection circuit "situation".
Bought a good condition FJR
with approx. 34000 miles, great price, accessories, etc. Rode for about 1500 , no issues, all good, great bike as everyone said, it performed as advertised. First "road trip" first leg, 490 miles. Stayed in hotel. Next morning no start. Read forums to get clues. Traced to ignition, fuel injection section. Hot wired ignition, per instructional from forum. Rode back 490 miles with hot wire setup. Key switched main power as it should and hot wire brought fuel injection online. Seemed to work with no issues. One day back in town still hot wired. Next morning no start.
Suspected hotwire lost contact .
Decided to completely rewire hotwire setup with a fuse as a secondary switch for fuel injection section. When I wired it all up and tried it, heard fuse or relay sound couldn't be sure witch, no starter . Disconnected battery. Checked all known fuses, no fuses were blown. Reconnected battery and speedometer "did not sweep" as it always did before when battery leads are both connected. I have ordered ignition switch (Covid delayed) they said 60 days maybe. Also ordered a fuel pump relay as a Yam tech told me he had issues with same. Also ordered Haynes. My owners manual sez FJR 1300 S (C) and SA (C). I have not found matching wiring diagram with exact same wire colors or listed as the S(C) or SA(C). I have the non abs
S(C) model. Any advice, from anyone who has insight into this area, would be greatly appreciated. I have motorcycle knowledge, but this is my first FJR. Thanks for any info.
Mike
Hi, Mike!
I got my problem resolved by reading and searching around things asking people. Have a check on:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts