FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Craig -

Noted that you have, or will, repaint your FZ. Didn't care for the original color? What is the new color scheme?
Do the Rizoma bars get you lower on the tank? I am not familiar with them but will check them out on the net. Standard bars didn't cut it?

Questions, questions........ :lol: :lol:

Thanks,

This belongs in General Chat. Could a moderator help me out?
Someday I'll learn how to post. :(

·
Registered
448 Posts
Well Bob, the painting was the result of a classic mistake. I trusted someone to ride the FZ because they begged me. He is a trusted co-worker and nice guy. (All of you probably figured out where this is going :? ) He SAID that he had sportbikes (Gixers). Bad decision day for Boof. Well, being the nice guy that my friend is, he decided to fill up my gas. He was not very "gas station literate" and he slipped it on an oil patch and slow speed dumped it :x THEN he pulled an "accidental" wheelie and slammed the front end down damaging the suspention. I personally think he under estimated the power of the FZ1. We are still friends and I could not possibly hold him liable for a decision that I made.

So I decided that if I was going to fix it, then I might as well have some fun with it. Well, my "fun" is ending up to being one big addictive, out of control farkle :shock:

The painter (artist) is probably the best in Miami. I really did not want to make the paint too radical but nice and sporty. So we went with a deep "pearl black" color with a silver racing stripe starting at the fairing, accross the tank top continuing across the one piece tail and through the hugger. They actually just started shooting the paint this week so I have not even seen it yet. Most of the after market mods came from Italy and Europe. I have already made the performance mods on the engine and I have a full Yoshimura race pipe set installed. I have replaced the rear shock and front suspension as well. Anyhow, the farkel list is longggggg.........it should be interesting when it is done 8) Besides, ever since I moved to the country of Miami I have wanted to place my entry in the "2 fast 2 furious" category. Ann says that I am in "grandfather denial" and simply refuse to grow up in my mind..........YEP!!

As for the Rizomas, yep , they make the riding position pretty aggresive. I think probably too aggresive for most FZ1 riders as many purchase the fizzer because of the "sit up" position and long distance potential. But I have the FJR for that !! I had custom brake lines and throttle cables made to better fit the Rizomas. I might not like them but man do they look good and will tuck me inside the fairing a bit more. There is a "moderatley" aggressive handlebar that a lot of the FZ riders use which I may revert to if the Rizomas are too much.

But hey.....this is an FJR board !!!! I suppose we kind of like it here huh ?

Boof

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
WOW, Craig. Sounds like your turning a nightmare into a thing of beauty. Sorry to hear about your friend and your bike but at least no one was hurt.
I will have to figure out a way to see the bike once it's done. It sounds like your doing it up right without any shortcuts. It's going to be a looker and a screamer.
When Yamaha decides they are going to deliver me a bike maybe we could meet up someplace and run a few roads.

Rad

·
Registered
448 Posts
Of course !! Your bullet of an 06 and my hyped up 05 would be quite the pair huh ?

That 06 looks sweet, and I read that you went for RED. I'll be up your way with the FJR in Mid March and 1st week of April. I am heading up to Atlanta / Athens both times. Then am going to crash the Hoon gathering.....maybe I'll drop by and say hi.

I'll post pics if we ever finish the thing :p

·
Registered
7,373 Posts
Is the post right above this one from a web robot? There's another one just like it, in a different post.

We've had a few of those getting into this forum.

... not clicking on the links it/he puts up...

:)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.