FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm generally not a fan of any BMW however I see the virtues in the R1250RS as a lighter weight ST and even considered buying one. The price keeps me away as bikes like the Ninja 1000 do the same thing just as capably and at much less cost.

Anyway, my wife forced me to sit and watch the Queen's funeral procession this AM and it's being led by the aforementioned R1250RS police bike, kitted out in white w/hard bags and proper blue lights. Well that, my friends, is one sensational looking ride. Yeah, I'm sure it doesn't offer the comfort/storage level of the FJR but I could again see owning one of those some day. Just a swell looking ride.
Lee

Tire Wheel Vehicle Fuel tank Automotive lighting

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire

·
Premium Member
462 Posts
I test rode a non-police version of the BMW R1250RS a few years ago. It seemed a little cramped and didn't have the power of the mighty FJR. Comparatively, it is lighter and has a lower COG than a FJR.
However, I didn't sway me away from my Feejer.

YMMV

Reactions: passx

·
Registered
994 Posts
Last year I was thinking it might be a good replacement for my FJR as I was wanting to go smaller. Then I looked at one close up at the dealer and realized just how small it is and limited for carrying luggage for a long trip.

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
My friend bought one new when I bought my fjr new in 2014, we can’t get together w/o him giving me A litany of how much better his beemer is than my fjr, even though it’s was about 10k more than my fastest color red 2014, and after the very rocky start with my fjr I hear about it all the time even though his beemer hasn’t been perfect either.

truthfully, they are pretty nice bikes, light & nimble with a low Cg, and a hi price, not gonna be buyingone anytime soon.

·
Registered
944 Posts
I had the pleasure of riding one and they're not great. They're tight even for my 5'7" self and the weather protection is minimal. They're only good for 150 miles before you're desperately looking for a gas station, the transmission is agricultural( not to insult JD who makes a much better tranny) and mostly they are missing the telelever front end which is one of the only reasons I can think of to put up with owning a Beemer. On top of that they have much more trail than the R model so steer terribly slow. There are better bikes out there for sure.

·
Registered
512 Posts
BMW's are great bikes and fun to ride until they need repairs. There is a reason for the nick-name B-M-Trouble-U

I think I'd take a hard look at buying two GSX-S1000GTA for the price of one BMW.

·
Registered
2009 FJR1300A
297 Posts
Didn't we fight a war to get away from all things related to British Royalty?
Start thinking like an American and by a Japanese motorcycle!
ROTFLOL
No way man, did you forget about Pearl Harbor!? Anyway, we’re talking about buying GERMAN motorcycles. Wait a second…

·
Registered
2018 FJR1300ES/2022 FJR1300ES
3,532 Posts
Different animal, but I loved my bmw rt. It was terribly unreliable. Had nowhere near the power of an FJR, but it handled great and had great ergonomics and wind protection.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts