FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went armed for a battle with BMW service centre as the retaining catch which holds the visor on my System 4 Elite had broke, But to my surprise they looked the fault went strait out to the parts area and came back with 2 of the offending items and said we can fit it or here are the instruction to DIY it and best of all the whole thing was free.
Now that is customer service.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Was that at Clarks, Rednal?

They've been doing the servicing and the odd recall on my 1200GS and I have to say that the guys there have been very good and very helpful.

In fact I've just swapped out the '04 GS for an '06 GS. Got a good deal from them and again I must compliment them as their sales pitch actually matches their capability.

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's right Clarks, as I said no problem at all very good. I was really shocked I can see why people love owning one they just give out a feeling of trust.

·
Registered
3,589 Posts
woody said:
That's right Clarks, as I said no problem at all very good. I was really shocked I can see why people love owning one they just give out a feeling of trust.
I'm lucky to get the same service from my local Yam dealer. The dealer can really make or break your affection for your bike.

·
Registered
172 Posts
20valves said:
woody said:
I'm lucky to get the same service from my local Yam dealer. The dealer can really make or break your affection for your bike.
Amen 20valves, I had a absolute awful experience w/my local dealer. I took my 04 in for some routine service which included removal of the rear wheel. When they reinstalled it they put the disc break pucks in backwards :shock: metal against metal. They did not even so much as test ride it before they released it back to me. I picked up the bike at closing time, got on it and noticed something wrong. Took it easy on the way home, got off and found their error :x Imagine the liability exposure should that have happened to someone w/out much riding experience and ended up in a accident!! Anyway, I called them the next day, told them about what I hd found, they did not believe me, I told them I was not going to ride it again until they repaired their mistake. They sent a mechanic out and they then flipped the pads around and drive it into their shop and replaced the rear rotor and put in new pads. I could post some pictures of it if you like. Needless to say, I will never go back to that dealer for anything ever again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts