FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to block a user because their content is all ads. The problem is that, even though they are just a commercial machine here, they are also set up as an Admin. You can't block content from admins.

Was there full disclosure that the advertisers are now on par with admins? Was it an oversight? How does that work for actual members or are we now "the product"?

·
Premium Member
Versys 1000, VFR800
9,766 Posts
This forum is part of the Verticalscope group I believe... I am not sure who/what you are referring to, but I don't have issues with ads here. Basically, I paid up as a lifetime member and that seems to filter out all that stuff. However, perhaps a PM to admin might address your particular concern??

Reactions: FjrjrF

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
I use Brave Browser. Works much better than ad blockers.

Should point out I wouldn't use Brave or ad blockers if the ads are not so aggressive. Or useless.

·
Registered
7,393 Posts
Weird. I don't think I have any ad blockers in place, and the only ads I ever see on this site are the banners at the top. I don't understand web stuff very well though.

·
Registered
346 Posts
upper right of the page, user control panel, then under settings and options on the left edit ignore list.
User Control Panel > Edit Ignore List

·
Super Moderator
4,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
That works on some but some advertisers have been set up as Admins so we can't block them. Isn't that some kind of conflict of interest that an Admin is approved as an authorized seller while some non-admins are turned away when wanting to be advertisers? Should a second account that's just an advertiser be used instead?

While it's not my sandbox and I can't bitch about the rules in your house, there is content that I will never avail myself of (ever) that I can't ignore because it pops up whenever I show-new-content.

In particular: MOTORCYCLEiD and Slupcho

1 - 9 of 9 Posts