FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone any information on bike hire in Las Vegas two of us are looking at a touring holiday in March 06, We will be looking at hireing two Machines for about two weeks. We will be returning the machines back to the point of pick up, my mate is keen to hire a harley for some reason but he does own a Ducati so he has no taste anyway :D I want a machine that will be comfortable, and not fall to bits half way. So if there is anyone out there that as some information, contacts etc I would be obliged, We are thinking of an independant tour and not an organised group etc. Any information would be of use.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the information twowheelnut, the idea we have is that we leave Las Vagas after a few nights and start the tour, your comments about the city traffic are noted, I will check out the two sites that you have posted, As I said all advice is welcome, thanks for taking the time to respond. Gerry

·
Registered
163 Posts
You're welcome.

If your tour includes California, visit http://www.pashnit.com/, which is the best site for California road/ride reports. (they also run tours, but this site is for the self guided.)

For other states, suggest you tune into http://sport-touring.net/ and inquire as to your best touring areas by region.

And if you make it by Santa Barbara, the beer is on me!

Cheers!

·
Registered
163 Posts
Don't tire yourself out remember theres another trip one coming up in May and does Bill know about the snoring? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Teejay

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Keep it smooth, Keep it quick

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Teejay at least the noise that I allegedly make, comes from the top half of my body, I am far to polite to attempt to copy some animal like sounds that certain people make. If the cap fits etc... :oops: Yes I will be there in May as well. :lol:

·
Registered
72 Posts
Hey Hogan,

I live in Las Vegas. If you need any advice about where to go or what to see that's within a day or two ride, let me know. The weather in March is wonderful biking weather. You could do a national park tour and hit five or more national parks in less than a week. Las Vegas is a wonderful base camp for many riding excursions. If the timing was right, I'd maybe even be able to show you around a bit. PM me or reply to this post and I'll keep my eyes out.

As far as bikes for hire (bikes for rent), it's a limited selection. I've never used anyone to rent a motorcycle, but I have the yellow pages out and can give you several contacts.

check out Moturis for Harley, Honda, and BMW's www.aaarvrent.com

or for HD www.lvhd.com

There are other rentals listed, but many are for off-road tours. You could work a variety and get off of the pavement for a bit.

Let me know of you'd like me to make any calls on your behalf.

TTYL
worldbound

·
Registered
72 Posts
Come to think about it, you could hit up as many as nine national parks with several national monuments in under a week if you didn't want to stop and take pictures. I do know of many day trips from 400-800miles that can get you in some amazingly diverse ecosystems and give you a great perspective of the desert southwest.

TTYL
Peter

1 - 10 of 10 Posts