FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FYI
I seem to have broken my right rear windscreen support mount on my '03. I have been using a BIG Rifle windscreen and my own "tuning block" type system. It lasted for two years that way but th big barn door may be just a little more than the stock supports can handle.

Anybody else had such problems?

I'm also thinking about experimenting with my old screen by putting in some of those vents i've been seeng here..maybe that might reduce some of the pressure?

·
Registered
88 Posts
The holes do make a difference, my Rifle is BIG, nearly the biggest they make and I had real back pressure when it was fully up, no more though :D

I think the holes will reduce the loading on the screen mounts, as some of the pressure behide the screen is "Equalised" by them.

Only time will tell :mrgreen:

Leigh

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Break along dotted line....

The supports have holes drilled in them and are necked down to make a very weak spot in them. you could probably break them with your bare hands. Not good when your windscreen is twice (at least) the area of the stock unit. I'm going to have a welder strengthen them, despite some hypothetical safety issue Yamaha think they are addressing with the breakaway brackets.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts