FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
@marshman
me-thinks we will be booking into the "Travelodge" again; which is as close to camping as we ever get these days.
The one we used last year was next door to a Harvester restaurant too! cant beat roughing it :lol:

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Nowt wrong with Travelodges, but we have to get a night or two in under canvas somewhere in the year or Chris starts to feel deprived. :wink:

One of the stall holders told us of a quiet site thats a fair bit closer to the show than the rather 'lively' one we stayed at in Brockenhurst, hence the need to book early.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Well, last year we stayed at Hollands Wood and on the Friday night there was still a queue of cars trying to get in at 23:00. The quieter one (so I've been told, not stayed there myself yet) is Roundhills which is only three or four miles from Beaulieu.
They are both Forestry Comission sites, and so don't have all the entertainments that a commercial operator would have, but I suspect that outside the weekends Hollands Wood might have the edge. When we left there on the Monday it was almost deserted, so might be the better option if you were after a longer stay, as there is a bit more shelter under the trees, and it is an easy stroll to the pubs in Brockenhurst.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Just booked 2 tickets for Saturday (24th of June) - £10 each on-line

Luc, If you, (and anyone else,) want to meet up, Sara and I will be outside the James Bond exhibition at 1:00pm, Will easily be reconisable, I'll be wearing a red carnation and the secret phrase is "Pussy, would you like to see my Goldfinger" :shock:

See you soon

Leigh (LSD)

·
Registered
71 Posts
@Leigh & Sara,
we meet you there. :D
do you come over from home on saturday or before?

@Marshman,
on what camping site do you stay, Hollands Wood or Roundhills.
Both are close to Brockenhurst where we stay in a B&B.

·
Registered
201 Posts
We stayed at the Roundhill site many years ago - special bikers section with limited facilities (1 toliet and standpipe)

Short walk onto the main site where lots of loo's, showers etc - sure it's changed completely since we were last their.

Nice surroundings and quiet. 8)

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Last year was great, even came away with a tan! mind you Sue had to put up with me moaning about my "suntan" chafing under the riding gear all the way home - over 3 long painful hours!!
We should be there on the Saturday this year.
Tony (No Sue I dont want any sun screen!!)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts