Fjrowners.com banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any one in the bay area of northern California want some extra cash to do a valve check on my FJR? And knows how to do it!! Ill pay well.

·
Premium Member
2007 FJR A Model
7,899 Posts
Any one in the bay area of northern California want some extra cash to do a valve check on my FJR? And knows how to do it!! Ill pay well.
Maybe it would help if you mention what year and model you have.

Please consider making or modifying your forum signature to include the bike year and model you own. That way there's never any confusion since different model yrs have different stuff and are disassembled different ways.

To create or edit your sig, hover over the word 'TOOLS' in the black bar near the top of the page. A drop-down menu appears, click on 'USER CP'. Then on the left you will see "EDIT SIGNATURE". Click it, do it and save it.

Adding your location so it shows up under your user name can be helpful, too! This is also done under TOOLS/USER CP. Then click on 'Edit Your Details' on the left

·
Registered
168 Posts
Hmmmm... crickets from the OP... but it's only been a day or so ;-).

Year, Model, miles etc..... and location in the Bay Area would be helpful.
Mr. BR

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Very good point and thank you for the tips.
I did try to edit my signature however i was unable to locate that option using the instructions you left me. Ill keep trying.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
2012 FJR ca version with 47,500 needs valve clearance check done.
Im in san leandro, ca
Will pay well
Contact me for phone number

·
Registered
189 Posts
City Cycle Werkes - SF Repair Shop

2012 FJR ca version with 47,500 needs valve clearance check done.
Im in san leandro, ca
Will pay well
Contact me for phone number
Hi! I used to live in SF from '12-'15 and highly recommend Adam at City Cycle Werkes. Back then I had an '05 FJR and he took very good care of it. I wrote my Yelp review on 2/16/15. I did not have the valve clearance done though, FYI. I know it may be a hassle for you to cross the Bridge etc. Give him a call ahead of time and he'll be straight with you. You can leave your gear with him for the duration of the repair, this is a great service. He also offers candy and soft drinks for his customers. He throws a great Thanksgiving (Christmas?) party too. Just a staple of the Bay Area motorcycle community.

He also took care of my wife's '09 Kawasaki Versys.

PM me if I can help you further.

Good luck!
Patrick

·
Registered
59 Posts
Service manager at Fremont Kawasaki & Honda loves FJRs and has a good service team. Berkley Yamaha also does FJRs.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the reply guys. Im going to look into those guys. I dont care how far they are. It funny cuz I went to the fremont honda dealer and as soon as I said I had A Yamaha they all looked at me like I turned
Green or something. Said id never go there again but if dude is there and does good work im in. Thanks again

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So i went to fremont honda and the service manager apperantly pulled his arm out or somethi g so hes out for awhile. No one else at that store would even talk Yamaha with me so I'm gonna go try Atum at city cycle Werkes I hear nothing but good things about him

·
Registered
189 Posts
So i went to fremont honda and the service manager apperantly pulled his arm out or somethi g so hes out for awhile. No one else at that store would even talk Yamaha with me so I'm gonna go try Adam at city cycle Werkes I hear nothing but good things about him
Hey and hi! Any update? I haven't spoken with Adam for awhile. Is he doing ok? Be sure to ask if he is still having his holiday party. Although with Covid that's probably won't happen. It was a fun time back when he did have it though! Hope your FJR and you are doing ok.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts