FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My battery will not hold charge beyond 2 week of non use, Recharge with an optimate indicates the battery is good. I presume I have a drain on the batt any ideas how i test what the current draw is on the battery when it is stood.

I have no alarms and it is 3 and half years old any comments appreciated

Maybe the batt is duff or am i unreasonable in expecting it to turn the bike over when stood over 2 weeks

·
Registered
107 Posts
My battery failed after 18months, and was replaced under warranty, I think after three and a half years its ready for the bin.

·
Registered
531 Posts
I killed mine last week by mistakenly leaving the ignition key "ON" after being distracted by a phone call. It was totally, thourougly DEAD after I discovered it the next day. Tried to revive it with a 2A charge, but it was toast. Ordered a new Westco online from Apex battery for $59.95 out the door including shipping. Fits and works great.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Battery life

Hi all,

I agree with hogan 2085 - my battery's just over 3 years old now, still doing an excellent job and has never let me down. Just purchased a new one though from the Busters Stand at the Scottish Bike Show last weekend, should be here in the a.m.

I also think there is a lot to be said for static running of the bike during the winter months if you're not riding. Run for 15-20 mins, let the fan kick in twice then turn it off. Never had an Optimate or the like anywhere near my bike - have'nt needed to.

Regards, Glenn. 8)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.