FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks just picking up my bike(2006 1300A) on Saturday...read a lot about smoothing out the vibration and surging.
What are your opinions regarding my subject line...I assume that if I do the mods without the powercommander then to purchase the unit would be superfluous. Having said that I can't find a powercommander for an 06..people are telling me it won't be avail til Sept.
So please weigh in...which does a better job at reducing the vibes and surging? Powercommander with let's say smoothness map or barbarian mod with the +7 adjustment.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Barbarian Jumper definitely helps

After some hesitation I did the Barbarian Jumper modification to my '06 as well as taking the slack out of the throttle cable.

The bike is noticeably less jerky, pulls slightly stronger at low rpm's and even the clunky noises from the transmission are gone.

Much more pleasant ride; I don't see any need for a PowerCommander.

Greetings from Boulder,

Armin

·
Registered
25 Posts
Re: Barbarian Jumper definitely helps

QTreiber said:
After some hesitation I did the Barbarian Jumper modification to my '06 as well as taking the slack out of the throttle cable.

The bike is noticeably less jerky, pulls slightly stronger at low rpm's and even the clunky noises from the transmission are gone.

Much more pleasant ride; I don't see any need for a PowerCommander.

Greetings from Boulder,

Armin
HI

Here in Finland we have a price of 1,45 €/liter so after the +7, what is your mpg.

·
Registered
592 Posts
So far it seems as I lost about 2 mpg average. Also, the last time that I checked the accuracy of the bike reading, it was reading 2 mpg high of what I calculated at a fillup. I will check at the next one and see if that trend holds. I got 44mpg last fill up.

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
How many Fjr's who have altered there CO have increased mpg? as I know mine and 1 other does more to the gallon?

I'm supprised that you are getting less mileage!

·
Registered
592 Posts
It's too early to tell. I just did it and have not had enough time to know for sure. What ever it has done is hard to notice, one way or the other.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.