FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Haven't been here for a long time. I ended up buying a GW but the wife hates riding on it when the wind is blowing (which seems like all the time here in OK), so I am seriously thinking of selling that and getting the FJR (or waiting to see what kawasaki is doing with it's planned super sport tourer).

So, back to asking questions. Has anyone heard of the 06 ticking? Did a search and found tickers of pre 05s but no 06s. May still be too early.

I will miss the radio on the wing and the cruise. Is there any rumor yammy will put both on the fjr in the next year or so? Don't feel like doing cruise control mods, could wear my iPod I guess (small price to pay).

Mike

·
Registered
3,589 Posts
Radio and cruise? Stick with the GW. I'd love factory cruise on the FJR but don't see it happening for at least three more years. This year was a fairly thorough makeover and still no cruise. Music? Yeah, use an ipod or such. When the going gets twisty though, the roads should be entertainment enough without music! 8)

Ticking? Worry about something else.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
20valves said:
Radio and cruise? Stick with the GW. I'd love factory cruise on the FJR but don't see it happening for at least three more years. This year was a fairly thorough makeover and still no cruise. Music? Yeah, use an ipod or such. When the going gets twisty though, the roads should be entertainment enough without music! 8)

Ticking? Worry about something else.
Don't know, listening to Styx, Steppenwolf, Molly Hatchet, etc., on the twisties would be great. The GW is a bit too vanilla for me now that I have owned one for about 6 months.

Seems the ticking issue has been resolved, or is much less of a problem than before.

Mike

·
Registered
7,358 Posts
pronomian said:
listening to Styx, Steppenwolf, Molly Hatchet, etc., on the twisties would be great.
But they'd sound MUCH better through some isolating ear buds than they ever could through any cheesy fairing speakers, though. :D

:) - on bikini patrol in FL

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Liquidsilver said:
pronomian said:
listening to Styx, Steppenwolf, Molly Hatchet, etc., on the twisties would be great.
But they'd sound MUCH better through some isolating ear buds than they ever could through any cheesy fairing speakers, though. :D

:)
Agreed, now to get cruise control......... :ale:

·
Registered
7,358 Posts
Oh yeah! Well-designed, factory-installed cruise would be 'to die for' on any street bike! I'd even love it on the R1 for those drones on the interstate, back from the twisties (if it didn't weigh much) It's very difficult to keep from getting arrested and impounded on that part of the ride.

:) - on bikini patrol in FL

1 - 6 of 6 Posts