FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,004 Posts
I guess I did not make the distinction clearer. My solution proposes there be no intervention required from mods to pull the post down. If we can accomplish with the Report function, I have no problems with it.
The problem with individuals having that ability is that some would abuse it to delete other's posts. Moderators are the mid-point between the plebes and the Admins/Owners.

·
Registered
On the fence
4 Posts
The problem with individuals having that ability is that some would abuse it to delete other's posts. Moderators are the mid-point between the plebes and the Admins/Owners.
Of course, any automated system can be gamed. That is why I proposed a threshold that many people should report a post as spam for automatic removal (weeds out few bad actors wanting to take down a post they don't like) and a means to remove tag as spam privilege for those who abuse it.

·
Administrator
343 Posts
A lot of spam posts with this new software package - Don't need a new credit card, a Russian date, or help locating cannibis. Is that an attempt to push to premium member status or other issue?
Less of an issue with the software and more with the hardware.... Manpower is needed to click the delete button from time to time and the moderators have been largely absent since the changes. We will continue to work with them and see what we can do to improve things going forward.

Daniel

21 - 24 of 24 Posts