FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
tire balanced perfect when put on last fall now experiencing a head shake when declerating(no brakes) as it goes past 45mph , if i take my hands off the bars. Any thoughts besides rebalance ?

·
Registered
7,358 Posts
I don't think it's the balance or the tires. I've had it on other tires when the bags were loaded. Never was a problem.

:)

·
Registered
122 Posts
Liquidsilver said:
I don't think it's the balance or the tires. I've had it on other tires when the bags were loaded. Never was a problem.
:)
I've had similar experiences with the Givi top box on, have you added anything since last fall, when it was ok?

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
bbdig said:
tire balanced perfect when put on last fall now experiencing a head shake when declerating(no brakes) as it goes past 45mph , if i take my hands off the bars. Any thoughts besides rebalance ?
It's the tread depth on the rear tyre as you slow down the tyre walks slightly from side to side, I have Avon's and they have all done it double check your tyre pressures, also if you like soft suspension setting it can amplify the effect.

·
Registered
425 Posts
what does it do when you stand on the seat? :crylarf: :crylarf: :crylarf: :crylarf:

·
Registered
113 Posts
bbdig

had the same thing on my '05 found out it was the torque on the forks. for some reason Yamaha dosn't like to get it right. I think I would check that. ride safe 8)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks I knew someone would say don't take your hands off the bars. I will check the torque and yes I have a Givi top box which I keep on all the time. Thanks again appreciate the comments.

Jack

·
Registered
353 Posts
Me too . Only when loaded , scared the shite out of me first time.
On the whole a dam good tyres. Corner well and last.
Some of the softer tyres may corner a little better, but tis negligible as far as I am concerned.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts