FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Intercom fitting.

Attach live feed to live brake feed (had some pics on old site ) that stops inteference. You can attach to rear light , but i found brake better. Run neutral to battery in behind side pannel under side of tank , easy. Two strips of velcro hold the unit in place under seat.
I found my new unit fits just behind tank . I did cut a bit of plastic out , so that the dial switches are easy to get at , as they protude out over the deeper storage well.
The cables to helmets can come up between the two seat sections. They dont get crushed at this point.
Some say you should solder the live wires ie from brake too intercom live. Autocom say you should solder it.
I live not far away from a Helicopter factory. When some of us locals meet up on the coast. Couple of them work at factory. Been given couple of brill conectors. 'Totaly sealed units you just snap together.
Sure others will have there own opinions . But this has worked with my old unit and the new one very well.
Can take pics if you get stuck , dont think old site open any more , is it?

·
Registered
353 Posts
PROTRUDE sorry, spelling , it's late sorry.

Ohhh! Just noticed me little picture now displayed.
Little things please little minds. Chuffed , been having terrible time trying to insert pic....

·
Registered
247 Posts
Funny thing is that I haven't got around to providing mine with a live feed yet and having now done several trips just using PP3 battery power I don't think I'll bother.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Same here shakey. Use rechargable NiCad batteries. Two fully charged units last 8 to 10 days when on tour. Comms' officer on the back seat carries the autocom and operates the wireing. Works for me. 8)

·
Registered
353 Posts
Yeah , used to run ours off batteries. They got habit of letting you down on long run , like half way accross europe. Also , our house is full of rechargeable this and that . So much so you cant get at one of the kitchen work surfaces now, because of so many chargers. So one less recharge item suites me fine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts