FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am trying to put this post together for myself and others. My mechanic says he will do it for me but cannot access the info so this is for him as well.. here are instructions
Clutch hydraulic line bleed sequence is as follows:
1. Bleed screw closed
2. Key switch on
3. Momentarily cycle the brakes (front or rear)
4. Bleed screw open (fluid flows into the hose attached to the bleed screw nipple)
5. Bleed screw closed
6. Key switch off
7. Several seconds pause (until you hear the clutch relax, the system draws fluid from the reservoir to make up for what was bled out)
8. Repeat as necessary.
Your Mity-Vac probably did the trick, but this works without one being connected. Pay attention to the clutch fluid reservoir to keep it from going dry.

here is a video

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
On the left side, just behind your fairing and in front of the shift actuator you will see what Yamaha calls the Clutch Release Cylinder and the bleeder valve is on top. Looks just like your brake bleeder valve. Center of the picture pointing up and it may/may not have the little rubber cap.

You bleed it exactly like you would your brakes. Attach hose to bleeder, remove cap and pay attention to the fluid level, open bleeder and apply vacuum. Refill reservoir as needed... keep going until you see new fluid come through without air bubbles.
Automotive tire Automotive exterior Rim Vehicle Automotive design

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
did the deed today...no mighty vac used. I can feel a difference in take off, much more positive engagement. It is an 08 with about 30k miles, It was supposedly done 2 summers ago but pretty sure it got missed. Glad it's done and works beautiful.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts