FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
FJR1300 A, TMax 530 DX, Tracer GT900, XS850
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone point me to where the instructions are for fitting the Audiovox CCS100 to an 05 with ABS please.

They were on the old site but I can't seem to find them on the new one.

TIA

Linden Lee

·
Premium Member
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Audiovox Cruise Control - vacuum chamber

Hi
The link to the old site provides the instructions (which are excellent) I was looking for.

Just one question: I got the vacuum chamber from murphskits and it has two outlets labelled MAN and AMP. Just to check, I presume I connect the AMP point to the servo unit and the MAN to a T off one of the points normally used for the throttle body sync - is that correct ??

TIA again

Linden Lee

·
Registered
426 Posts
My vac chamber only had one port and was used with a check valve and tee so you need to know if your vac chamber has built-in check valves. Block one port and do a suck and blow on it, then do the other port.

Perhaps you can figure out how to hook it all up by going to:
http://www.fjr1300.info/howto/audiovox.html

Keep in mind that the purpose of the chamber is to provide enough vacuum when the engine doesn't. You may also consider making your own chamber out of 1.5" PVC and hiding it in the pod-shaped space behind the right side cover. It doesn't require a very big chamber and all the store-bought ones I've seen were way bigger than they need to be.

·
Registered
66 Posts
@fjrlee:

Yes the MAN side of the canister goes to the MANifold.

You might be looking for a place to mount the canister. I put mine here (requires cutting off the right hand mounting leg from the canister). It just sits in the space and requires no further mounting. Mine hasn't moved in several thousand kilometers and it remains accessible.

The switch can also be mounted like this

·
Premium Member
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
audiovox cruise control

Thanks Silverado, that it where I decided to put my cannister too, although I cut both legs off it and used nylon zip ties and velcro to hold it in place - seems ok.

One thing that might be a problem though - I drilled a hole in the tang to attach the ball connector, but the the 'nut' side contacts the throttle cable and pulls against it just before the full throttle point.

As I never drive at WOT it should not be a problem, although I would prefer if this didn't happen. I have the connector as far out to the edge of the tang as possible and cant bend the tang as it will then miss the throttle stop screw.

Did you have this problem ??

Regards

Linden Lee

·
Registered
426 Posts
Can you turn the bolt around and have the nut on the other side?
I was able to bend the tang just enough for the nut to clear on mine.

·
Registered
66 Posts
@fjrlee

I used the cotter pin / split pin method instead of the nut and bolt and I had no clearance problems.

I don't think I would be happy with it making contact even if only at WOT because if it gets jammed it will be jammed at WOT.............. could be nasty!

·
Registered
148 Posts
cruise control vacuum

A friend of mine installs cruise control on Valkyries, he has discovered that by putting a check valve on the manifold of each cylinder that he keeps the vacuum at a much higher lever (since each cylinder only produces a vacuum every fourth stroke) these check valves keep the vac from leaking off. I have not looked at the FJR setup, could it benefit from the same type of plumbing enhancement. ????? :?

·
Registered
737 Posts
Re: cruise control vacuum

Kieth said:
A friend of mine installs cruise control on Valkyries, he has discovered that by putting a check valve on the manifold of each cylinder that he keeps the vacuum at a much higher lever (since each cylinder only produces a vacuum every fourth stroke) these check valves keep the vac from leaking off. I have not looked at the FJR setup, could it benefit from the same type of plumbing enhancement. ????? :?
Kieth, I think it would, if you don't use a vacuum canister. With the canister it would be redundant, I think.

·
Premium Member
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Audiovox CCS100 - keeps disengaging

I have just finished the install and gone for a test drive. The CC engages for about 1 second and then disengages. If I press resume, it engages again and releases - every time I press resume it gains speed and releases after about 1 second.

I have checked all connections and the dip switch settings are OK too. The throttle linkage is smooth. I have a BackOff unit fitted and the SignalMinder with running lights on, maybe they have something to do with the problem.

Out of curiousity, why is the Grey wire connected to the blue wire of signal light harness on the left hand side.

I removed the panel on the servo unit and when the CC is turned on with nothing else pressed the LED flashes in a repeated pattern of 4 flashes.

Has anyone else with an 05 ABS had this problem.

TIA
Linden Lee

·
Premium Member
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Audiovox - disengaging sorted out, works great

Hi

The problem was the BackOff unit, even with the brake light off there is a residual voltage of about 4 volts in the circuit and this was causing the CC to disengage (just shows how sensitive it is). Maybe a diode or something could be fitted to prevent this.

Anyway, the CC is working perfectly now and I reckon it is my best farkle yet.

Many thanks to those who wrote the install instructions and those who replied to my thread - great bike, great website.

Linden Lee
Dublin, Ireland.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts