FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks
New site looks and feels good, the items for sale bit works as well, posted an item and sold it within 30 mins. Excellent job guys.
Unfortunately I'll be moving on pretty soon, my FJR bit the dust a while back as some of you will know from the old site 'Tale of Woe' I turn my head in shame at telling you I've turned colours and got myself a K1200LT SE, which was simply down to economics in Scotland. No decent bikes available, so had to go south, and saved myself 3K in the process, just no deals going on up here. They (the dealers) have us by the short and curly's, but hey, thats what we get for wearing kilts. The dealer in Oxford delivered the bike to my house near Glasgow for the price of a coffee and a choccie biscuit because of my injuries. Try that in Scotland...ha ha.

It has been a pleasure sharing your knowledge and experience while being part of this web based community and owning this fine FJR motorcycle, it carried me and my better half to 11 countries in 2 years and never batted an eyelid.
Enjoy your motorcycle and if you ever get 'ONE' chance in your life, take two weeks and tour Spain, don't even think about booking hotels in advance, just ride till you are ready to drop, then book into an hotel somewhere, most have garages, and there is none of this 'British' crap of per person per night...price is per room and is dirt cheap, so cheap that you will probably find yourself going 4 or 5 star no problem. We found ourselves in suites with jacuzzis, balconies and 12' wide beds for under £50 a night. Best laid back country I have ever been to, think I may retire there.
:mrgreen:

Regards to all.

Malki

·
Registered
372 Posts
@malki, congratulations on your new ride. You have now officially made the transition from a sport-tourer to a tourer. Your new ride will provide you and your wife with miles of wind free enjoyment. Nestled behind the LT's full fairing and windscreen, the smooth pull of that BMW should take you to a new level of comfort. Enjoy and ridesafe.

·
Premium Member
2,982 Posts
Enjoy the new ride, and let us know what you think in a few months. (Have you considered a GPS with voice prompts?)

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. David, I have the voice prompts on mine, was the damn thing talking to me, that caused me to look at it! The rest is history..

Malki

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
James- I'm back already, and back with a vengeance, just not with an FJR.
Got myself a K1200LT SE and planning my next trip to Tuscany, Italy 2006, then St Petersburg, Russia 2007, amongst a multitude of minor jaunts to mainland Europe just for the run as soon as i'm fit. Just didn't think it pertinent to hang around here being a beemer rider now, and not the fine FJR.

Malki

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
There is nothing worn under my kilt! It's all in perfect working order :mrgreen:

Malki

·
Super Moderator
3,954 Posts
rocketdoc said:
@malki, congratulations on your new ride. You have now officially made the transition from a sport-tourer to a tourer. Your new ride will provide you and your wife with miles of wind free enjoyment. Nestled behind the LT's full fairing and windscreen, the smooth pull of that BMW should take you to a new level of comfort. Enjoy and ridesafe.
Just be sure to replace the final drive seals every 20,000 miles to ensure uninterrupted travel times.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts