FJR Owners Forum banner

Assembly for Garmin Zumo 660 in 2017 FJR

3K views 16 replies 6 participants last post by  aa7jc 
#1 ·
I show some photos of where I have placed the support of my Zümo 660 in the 2017 FJR
The support is "homemade", and is made with light metal sheet ... but strong.
I just had to make two 5 mm small holes ... although it took me past the wire to the battery

Reactions: dodah-man
#2 ·
the images...

Attachments

Reactions: dodah-man
#3 ·
Nice work! You should put your location in your profile and in your signature line, the bike you have. Cheers.

#4 ·
OK. I try...

#5 ·
The view from the seat...

Attachments

#9 ·
The only problem ... those plastic parts of the fairing, are not very resistant
The assembly, should be light, because the device and its base, weigh a lot
In big potholes, something moves but on a good road, it remains firm

#10 ·
My shelf made from aluminum angle, sorry pics blurry. There are washers on the underside of the screw heads.

Attachments

#11 ·
A few months later, I see another good solution in the French forum ... a RAM ball with an 8 mm thread.

https://www.rammount.com/part/RAP-B-379U-M81208

A small hole in the central part of the instrument tray, and two round pieces of plastic to reinforce the base
I am happy with the result ... and it seems more "professional"

Attachments

#12 ·
A few months later, I see another good solution in the French forum ... a RAM ball with an 8 mm thread.

RAM® Tough-Ball™ with M8-1.25 x 8mm Threaded Stud

A small hole in the central part of the instrument tray, and two round pieces of plastic to reinforce the base
I am happy with the result ... and it seems more "professional"

Question, I really like the way this looks and I am considering doing it to my bike but I notice that the plastic dash part that is holding the mount seems as if it is just snapped in place. Have you had any issues with this or have you had to strengthen it somehow?

#14 ·
Now I am wearing a Zümo XT ... and it still holds up well
Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design
Automotive navigation system Land vehicle Vehicle Gps navigation device Speedometer

#16 ·
The reinforcement inside
Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tire Hood

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.