FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Havent seen as many members here as at the 'old' site.
Or is it my imagination?

I dont get e-mail notice of new postings eather?

Im not complaining, just observing

·
Registered
76 Posts
You guys need to go to the home page, top right hand corner is " user panel " , click on your name and then set your preference for e mail notification and other choices you may have.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Or if you don't want to be notified of the replys to every thread you post in, tick the box next to 'Notify me when a reply is posted' in the individual threads you want to be notifies of before you press submit

·
Registered
558 Posts
James, some of them are probably relying on Sat-Nav to find thier way here, so may take them a while, others are just lost and still going round in cyber-space muttering "I'm sure we passed that a few moments ago", and some are just slow, usually those on the Black bikes, as they tend to be much older.. 8)

·
Premium Member
2,982 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
lots of them seem to never have added @fjrowners.com to their friends list in their spam killers.....

May need to add a line or two to the registration process... :?

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No E-mail updates yet!

Highlander,
I checked my settings and still no updates!
Any idea what else I need to try?
Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
372 Posts
I never used the email function on the first two sites, so I guess its sort of like ABS, if you have never had it, you don't know what you are missing.
Generally I'd say the new site is pretty user friendly. I think most of the riders in the northern hemisphere are not using the site yet because they are getting used to their new antidepressants as winter starts to settle in. :cry:
They should all be feeling better in another week or two and the threads will start to light up again.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Same here James.
Checked the settings & still no notifications -- except for notifying me of pm's through the site.
??

·
Registered
353 Posts
To dam complicated that's why. You have to seem to have to scroll accross page all time to read anything. Posting a picture in profile , well , give up. I have neither the time or the patience.
It just dont seem simple any more. May get used to it , but not at moment.
Thats may be why all are'nt comin over yet.

·
Super Moderator
3,958 Posts
alman said:
To dam complicated that's why. You have to seem to have to scroll accross page all time to read anything. Posting a picture in profile , well , give up. I have neither the time or the patience.
It just dont seem simple any more. May get used to it , but not at moment.
Thats may be why all are'nt comin over yet.
since computers have to have complete commands to anything process properly, perhaps the broken up example given is why you're not getting positive results? :wink:

·
Registered
353 Posts
Derrrrr ! Sorry you lost me on that one. Guess I'm just not cut out for this computer stuff.
Not wishing to offend , but what the feck is all that about.

·
Registered
5 Posts
FastJoyRide here (the artist previously known as FJRCanuck) Can't say that this is quite as user-friendly as the old site, but I'll catch on. Spend most of my cyber time at the FJR Forum. :D

·
Registered
353 Posts
Yeah ! Why fix it if it aint broke. I still cant post no fin picture , 6kg how the hell do you change pictures you have to that size.

·
Registered
425 Posts
I work on bikes all day long and hate to come home and have to fight the computer to have fun....some people like to ride the keyboard...I would rather fix the bikes and go for a ride

·
Super Moderator
3,958 Posts
alman said:
Derrrrr ! Sorry you lost me on that one. Guess I'm just not cut out for this computer stuff.
Not wishing to offend , but what the feck is all that about.
I was a reference to your original post. I wasn't sure if it was English or not.

·
Registered
7,364 Posts
I miss the layout of the "New Posts Today" function.

:)

·
Premium Member
2,982 Posts
Me too - still learning the best way to access what I want each time I log in. Patience, patience.

·
Registered
353 Posts
[ I was a reference to your original post. I wasn't sure if it was English or not.[/quote]

You being funny ?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts