FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well it arrive, :mrgreen: and l have put about 500 miles on it, l just love the riding position, my last bike was a vfr.
The only problem l have is with the screen, l get a lot of wind noise around my shoulders, it does not matter what the screen height is, at max position the wind pushes me on my back :(
The handling is not as good as the VFR but l played with the suspension, and it is handling better now, at first l think it was set up for someone who was about 30stone :shock: and l am only 12 stone :D

The main reason for me to buy the FJR was the riding position, and to take my wife pillion,l was looking at big trailys, but having short legs this does not help :roll:
I have not taken my wife out on it yet, but l sure, it will be fine :mrgreen:
My FTP programe has expired will post pictures soon.
Hope to meet up with some of you soon :D :ale: :ale: :ale:

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Welcome to the madhouse - enjoy....

You have a wealth of information available to you regarding aftermarket screens on this and our old site. Without going over-big, I believe that Givi with a flip top was a good choice, but, screens and their "problems" can be very subjective to each owner.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Blue's a good choice eskimo :wink:
Hope you have as much fun with your bike as we've had on ours. Goes great with a pillion onboard as well. :D
Whereabouts in Sussex are you?

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Know the Oakdene well. Do a good bacon banjo there.

Been looking for somewhere to aim for when we are out for a bimble westwards, know any decent caffs over in West Sussex? Wessons at Horam is a start, but looking for somewhere a bit further over.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
marshman said:
Know the Oakdene well. Do a good bacon banjo there.

Been looking for somewhere to aim for when we are out for a bimble westwards, know any decent caffs over in West Sussex? Wessons at Horam is a start, but looking for somewhere a bit further over.
Don't know horam. l do get to bohill. rykers cafe, very busy some weekends. when l go west l normally end up in a pub along the A272 nice road :D
PM me if your heading west, l will come and meet up with you :ale: :ale:

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
Hi and welcome Eskimo, a good choice of bike a couple of week earlier and you would have been able to come to a great meet in hythe.
But you'll have plenty of riding enjoyment this summer.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts