FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I now have the 2nd thermo fan ( from wrecked '03 model in Melbourne)and made brackets up to fit 2nd thermo to '05 radiator as Australia gets some pretty savege temperatures these days eg 42 degreees celcius last summer in Sydney/Wollongong and am going to wire it up to a manual switch on the top of fairing opposite hazard lights switch or on gap next to hand grips on the bars for driving in traffic during summer.
Any and all advise would be appreciated, eg connection of power to spare fuse and then fuse to fan , rest I can do after intial wiring up. :roll:

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The fan is off a 2003 wreck of an FJR1300 and is 15 amp same as existing fan as it is exactly the same type and model fan, fuse box is under top of left hand sied fairing below hazard light switch.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I would had a relay.

Fan (-) to the ground
Fan (+) to one side of the relay
The other side of the relay to a 15A fuse
The other side of the fuse to the (+) on the battery

Now you could use a switch that will connect to the relay

So high current will flow true therelay, not the switch

Could email you a drawing if you want

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wiring Diagram for 2nd thermatic fan , and relay type and mo

Hello Pierre,
Could you please email me a wiring diagram it would be of great help and I also need to know what type of relay you recomend, eg Bosch model number etc. if possible and I will be able to go straight to electrical shop and buy one.
It would appear its not as hard a job as first thought if people like yourself share the information, much appreciated.
The FJR1300 is a bike well siuted to Australia as we have lots of long roads and mountains to explore on weekends, I had an '04 XJR1300 before this and loved it. The FJR is a much more refined version of the XJR with a fairing and shaft drive. 8)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts