FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2003 FJR1300R / 2007 Husq SMR 510
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought them thinking I would love them, had them on and was unsure. They came off today. MY wrists do not like them and I am too used to MX bars and too stubborn to change.
If you want them just pay shipping and I will send em to ya. Might as well be brand new. In perfect condition.
Prolly weigh an ounce if not 2 with a package.

·
Premium Member
2007 FJR1300A
2,196 Posts
They are awesome - already on all my bikes. A great accessory for either vibrations or if you have big mitts and stock grips make you feel like you are riding a kids bicycle.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I am surprised no takers yet
Seriously… I just want someone to use them.
They are awesome - already on all my bikes. A great accessory for either vibrations or if you have big mitts and stock grips make you feel like you are riding a kids bicycle.
After I put them on and held the bike I thought they were awesome but two days of riding my wrists were bugging out from the radius change. Ironically I am used to holding girthy poles, not skinny ones. ;) Then again I like the Oury over size squishy MX grips and have been using them for so long I am set in my ways.

·
Premium Member
1,278 Posts
I just went thru an episode getting the wrong Grip Buddies then the correct ones. If there are no takers on this board I'll ask my FJR buds if anyone is interested if that's OK with you.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I’ll take them…throw them in an envelope let me know what I owe you

Scott Wass
28770 Norberg Drive
Grand Rapids, MN 55744

[email protected]
9500 1126 7703 2130 9025 90 <Tracking number.

Don't worry about the shipping. Just buy me a 🍺 or put me on some smallmouth if I am ever in MN.

·
Registered
2018 FJR1300ES/2022 FJR1300ES
3,399 Posts
You can get grip puppies off without tearing them? I had a hard time getting them on, much less off, without them tearing.
I bought them thinking I would love them, had them on and was unsure. They came off today. MY wrists do not like them and I am too used to MX bars and too stubborn to change.
If you want them just pay shipping and I will send em to ya. Might as well be brand new. In perfect condition.
Prolly weigh an ounce if not 2 with a package.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You can get grip puppies off without tearing them? I had a hard time getting them on, much less off, without them tearing.
I like to load a WD-40 straw and the air compressor nozzle up with hand sanitizer and then blast it under the grip. Slides right off. Easy cleanup.

·
Registered
2018 FJR1300ES/2022 FJR1300ES
3,399 Posts
Nice. I prefer grip buddies. I only wish they cost the same as grip puppies. Nice of you to pass on your grip puppies. Classy.
I like to load a WD-40 straw and the air compressor nozzle up with hand sanitizer and then blast it under the grip. Slides right off. Easy cleanup.

·
Registered
178 Posts
The grip puppies showed up today….much appreciated they will replace a pair of grip buddies-never really liked the the fit/seam of them. Still recovering from shoulder replacement hope to be back on the bike in a couple weeks. Thanks again 👍

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The grip puppies showed up today….much appreciated they will replace a pair of grip buddies-never really liked the the fit/seam of them. Still recovering from shoulder replacement hope to be back on the bike in a couple weeks. Thanks again 👍
I get most of my grips on/off with hand sanitizer but you have to look for the ones with high alcohol and no "moisturizing" aspect. The alcohol evaporates and the chemicals left behind add a certain stickyness that allows you to still move them a slight amount if you really, really, really, wrench on them unlike glue so you can line them up perfect and do not have to wait 24'hrs. I have been doing it before covid on my MX bikes and it worked well with those. An air compressor at the end to blow out the extra and you'll be right as rain.

·
Registered
456 Posts
I just steal some hairspray from my wife for grip installation. Been doing them that way since I raced bmx as a kid
I love grip puppies but use simple soap and water to slide them on. Never had an issue w/that process. As for removing them, I'd ask 'WHY?" They're so inexpensive, just cut them off w/a straight edge razor and buy a new set!
Lee

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I love grip puppies but use simple soap and water to slide them on. Never had an issue w/that process. As for removing them, I'd ask 'WHY?" They're so inexpensive, just cut them off w/a straight edge razor and buy a new set!
Lee
Because if I cut them off I would be wasting a product that could easily be reused especially by somebody else who may enjoy it more. Seems awfully wasteful in today’s day and age to just cut something apart and throw it out because you don’t like it how I could’ve at least put it on a shovel or an axe.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts