FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks, great site. I own an "05" FJR. Have had it for a couple of months now. Just finished installing the Yamaha Ergo kit (Corbin seat, Trunk, and Yam winshield) last week. Really anxious to put some miles on it to see if it has made any comfort improvements. I keep hearing complaints on the heat issue. I actually traded an "04" GL1800 for my FJR and can't say that I notice much difference in the heat. I think the FJR is a great bike. I'm looking forward to the snow melting so I can get it out of the garage.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
A warm welcome - enjoy your new toy.

The heat won't become a problem until the summer, but not everyone has an issue with it anyway......

·
Registered
55 Posts
Greetings Mickey. I too am a new boy. Swapped my ST1100 about 2 months ago and haven't regretted it. Can we be twins?!!

How about them Colts! ( Ok. I know that's bad grammar - well it is this side of the Atlantic, but hey...what the heck!)

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hello Mickey, and hello to everyone from me too 8) Dave, an aussie trapped in the UK.
Been lurking a wee while, have bought an '05 but won't take delivery until beginning of January after hols. Will be shuttling between London and Bristol for now, learning to deal with winter :roll:

·
Registered
163 Posts
Welcome Mickey,

Heat doesn't make any difference in the UK but did get a bit hot in Germany this year on hols for one day only, can put up with that and the bike is brilliant, roll on some decent weather as it is wrapped up at the moment plugged into the optimiser.

Teejay
--------------------------------------------------------------
Keep i smooth, Keep it quick

·
Registered
22 Posts
Ordered an 06 FJR. I have a 2000 ST1100, GSXR750, and a CBR900.
Wife said are you going too sell one of your bikes? Hmm... hadn't thought about it. Can I put one in the dining room?

·
Registered
592 Posts
Hey Mickey,
I am a new guy on the sight as well. Have a 06 waiting for me somewhere. Looking forward to the new addition to the family. Ride a Vmax currently. Keeping both, wife just doesn't know yet. 8)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts