FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2021 FJR
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
... the question is can one duck up onto the Beartooth and how far.....
That’s a good question. My guess is that they have it closed where it and the Chief Joseph intersect, which is the turnoff to Cooke City.

The last I read today is that the Beartooth Highway has issues in 6 locations where the road is washed out, in some places with 100 foot cuts. From the MT Dept/Transportation:

The water around Red Lodge and the Beartooth Highway has receded, and MDT is continuing to evaluate damage in the area. Six locations beginning at MP 56.4 on US 212 south of Red Lodge have been identified and repairs will begin early next week. MDT hopes to have repairs completed and the roadway opened as quickly as possible. The Beartooth Pass on the Montana side has no damage and will require cleanup only prior to opening. The roadway has been closed from MP 56.4 to the lower gate located at MP 61.3 on the roadway leading up from Red Lodge. Our crews will be working over the weekend to prepare, and we thank them for their tireless effort, the “first to arrive, last to leave” attitude that we admire so greatly!

*Note: The Beartooth Highway will remain closed while repair work is being done. Keep an eye on the MDT 511 map/app for continued closure information for this area, as well as across the state: 511mt.net

·
Premium Member
Versys 1000, VFR800
11,093 Posts
Thanks for the update Vince!!! Good info.

·
Registered
2020 FJR1300ES
209 Posts
I'm bummed that the Yoldler in Red Lodge may not survive having no flood insurance.
Hopefully they get some assistance. Great owners!

·
Registered
2021 FJR
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
21 - 24 of 24 Posts