FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow, it has arrived, my new blue-silver -06.

Unfortunately it is still -10 celcius degrees in Finland, so I left it to my dealer.

Some accessories I have:

-Foot shields
-Roller protections
-Yam's topcase (with silver lid, because the "silver line" cont. upwards)
-Innerbag topcase
-Backrest for topcase
-Side case liners (innerbags)
-Semi transparent tank pad (FJR)

I also ordered Yam's mounting kit for navigator, hope it'll be suitable for my Garmin Quest...

Now I only wish that weather would change 8)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Turning signals

Hi Kaj
Are your -06 equipped with self-cancelling turning signals? I will have mine delivered next week.....but we also still have winter with snow :cry:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi Kaj
I´m living in Ö-vik…about the same latitude as Wasa city. I will have mine bike delivered in about two weeks and then I will found out about the turning signal.
:lol:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Sorry but I don't think the new one have a self cancelling turning signals.....mine have not and I did 550 km with ;)
I'd like to see the gps support but none have pictures of it.....I think I'll go for a stem stand fixed to the steering hole.
Congratulation for the new bike from Italy.
Diego - Fjr1300 '06 Deep blue Ocean - Italy

·
Registered
4 Posts
Kaj said:
Still awful weather here, but I went to see my Babe and took few pictures:
http://www.bikepics.com/members/kaj/06fjr1300/
Cheers, Kaj. Maybe your problem is that you live too far SOUTH :D

Let's finish this skiing season first, at that's at least what I will do this easter.

After that, it will be the time to get serious about finding the replacement for my trusted Bandit that I wrecked last autumn. Ouch!

Many bikes have been tried, almost equally many dismissed. The remaining contestants are the obvious ones for anyone looking for real tourer, K1200GT, FJR and Pan. The new R1200RT was a disappointment, but surprisingly the old R1150RT is still somehow in the picture, being an honest sluggish heavyweight tourer - but comfortable. IMHO more so than the new RT, mainly due to better aerodynamics for a tall rider.

I would be interested in hearing what kind of deal did you get on your new FJR, if that's not confidential information?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi Bandidos :D

I used to drive Bandit as well, then I changed to Triumphs (2 in a row) and I think those were excellent bikes. The biggest reason I bought FJR is shaft..no more chain lube for me, never again.

I'll also spend eastern first and starting my engine on Saturday 22nd of April. Hopefully all the snow has disappeared by then.

I bought my bike without old bike (cash), with all the extra's I've got, I paid amount of money which starts with nr 2...unfortunately.

What about you?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yippee...Spring has came to Finland!!! Snow has melt and roads are getting hot.Started my babe "FJR -03 ABS" at thursday...season has began and next weekend I am going to get my pretty new baby FJR 1300 A -06!! Colour is ocean depth metallic, same colour than you,Kaj!!

Drive safely everyone and have fun with that amazing bike...

Btw...I drove today new FJR '06 A and I must admit it is better bike for me than '03 FJR. No surges, great position to ride, fabulous gauges, better seat...all I need for her is larger windshield. Original windshield is too small for me though I am only 170 cm tall:)!On my present bike ´03 FJR I have Givi windshield and I am pretty pleased with it.

Now I am waiting when Givi launch new windshield and monorack for FJR 2006.Its going to be soon...I got e-mail from Givi Italy where they confirm that they are going to do Monorack and windshield for FJR 2006...

If anyone knows when Ceebailey or MRA launch new windshield, please let me know...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts