FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am strongly considering going to Americade for the first time on my FJR (about 1190 miles away - regular riding range from Jacksonville, Florida). The Daytona Bikeweek experience has been largely a harley gathering. I am looking for vendors friendly to sport touring bikes (looking for boots,winter jacket,gloves,FJR goodies).

Anyone, positive or negative suggest or discourage going to Americade? It will be my long vacation or I will head west instead. I am hoping to hear from past Americade participants.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I've been going to Americade for about 15 years, it's a nice start to the year for our group. There's a lot of great riding in the area. We take a cabin for a week and do our own riding. They offer organized rides and self guided tours. Americade offers something for everyone, Tourers, Sport tourers and Sportbikes. There's a LOAD of vendors offering clothing, boots, tires and accessories. I haven't seen anything FJR specific, they cater to mostly full blown tourers (Goldwings, HD's, etc.), and every motorcycle manufacturer offers test rides. (This is were I rode an FJR in June and came home and got it in August). It's no Daytona or Laconia, but, for us it's a great time. Acccomodations this close to the event can be difficult.

Take a look here for information;

http://www.tourexpo.com/data/

NYPete

·
Registered
737 Posts
I've been going to Americade for many years, and enjoyed it every time. Take good rain gear, we've had some wet one's over the years. You can't beat it for venders and how well the rally is organized.
Go you'll enjoy it. :D

·
Registered
143 Posts
I've gone several years to Americade and love it. It's the one event I love camping on the bike. There are two state camp grounds in Lake George and several others close by. They are well managed with good sites. Hearthstone point is right on the lake. The roads in the area are great with lots to see. Unfortunatley I can't make it this year, but will be back next year. You will see a good variety of bikes...not just the cruiser crowd. The pace is much more relaxed than Daytona and the riding is great. Do the sport touring ride with Road Runner magazine. They always have a good self guided route. Have fun and any questions they have a web site. Just google it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Going To Americade From Jacksonville Florida

Well I am getting old Feeger ready to ride to Americade - it looks like a beautiful place to ride and the camping along the way appeals to me.

Thanks to all that contacted me about Americade - I am leaving Jacksonville on June 3rd, take a couple of days to camp/get there, and then enjoy the fellowship of other riders. :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts