FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WOW!!!! Just picked it up from the dealer, rode it like I stole it, no one could catch me to get it back.

Only have about 8 miles on it and all I can say is WOW!!!!! I got home so fast I don't remember even how I got home.

Mike

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Unfortunately other things were pressing. Sat. tomorrow, I should be putting some miles on it, got a few more to go, will take it to the shop for fluid change and more riding. I will have to leave earlier for work on Monday, seems I will be needing more "flight time" to get there.

Mike

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Awesome Awesome. Went for a short jaunt this morning, the more I ride it the more I like it, unlike the Goldwing I sold. That bike took me about 300 miles to realized I liked it and after riding it for another 3500 miles, my "desire" for it never really grew. It is a great bike, it just isn't for me (the GW that is, in case I lost anyone), in fact, I felt old each time I got on it, seemed a bit "plasticky" also.

This a bike a a joy to ride, now I have to just go out and find some twisties.

Mike

·
Registered
191 Posts
I followed that same trail! Got the 'wing in hopes of getting the bikes of all bikes. Got real tired of the weight real fast! OK for bustin down the interstate with the cruise control and CD player both set, but otherwise what a pain! Traded the GW in on the FJR and never regretted it. NEVER.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I got it for the wife primarily. She hated to ride the boss hoss in the summer and I wanted something that she would ride in the heat of summer. Problem was, in OK it is almost always windy and she got the crap pounded out of here from the cross winds. It was a nice ride, the best for it's class. Size didn't bother me but it seemed plasticky to me and made me feel old when riding it. It was too vanilla and I got embarrassed when riding it and coming up on other bikers wishing I was on my hoss. I lost interest riding it With this bike I don't care who I ride up on, in the opposite direction or pass, this bike was well worth both the 2 month wait and the MSRP I had to pay (dealer's allotment). I can't wait to get on again and ride more, will be taking the long way home from work starting monday, something I didn't do on the wing.

Mike

1 - 6 of 6 Posts