FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,
Has any consensus been reached on what generally seems to be a great fit with the FJR, as far as exhuast cans is concerned?
I have a hankering to fit them, but they are pretty expensive in Australia, and have to get it right the first time..:)

Maybe several are good...I was thinking remus or maybe staintune, but the Staintunes have a sound I don't like all that much....I was after something with a lower tone.

Any suggestions?

Ta

John.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Everyone will have an opinion. Usually that what they have sounds the best. I have the Remus carbon revolutions with baffles out. Guess what? They sound nice and surprisingly not loud at all. If a deep tone is what you want, they have it. Saves about 25 pounds over the stock pair too.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I have just had a set of slip-ons from Madaz Custom Exhausts fitted. As I was the first FJR1300 they'd done I got a discount from the $910 std price. They seem to have a fairly low note, but I'm not familiar with the Staintunes so I can't say whether these are lower or not. I'll try to arrange a photo and maybe a sound bite if I can. They're going to have a picture of my bike fitted with the new exhausts on their website at some point.

www.madaz.com.au

·
Registered
592 Posts
innominate said:
I really liked the look of these two bros cans.
Think they would go well with my Black FJR.

anyone had any experience of these?
That is such a nice can. Why do they insist on putting their name on it with loud colors that distacts from the exhaust itself. That is why I like the look of the stain tune, clean. There is no need to advertise like that. If the product is right people are going to ask you who made it, and you are going to tell them....
The cans on my last bike were carbon fiber Two Bro. Looks great for a while but the gloss goes away after some time.

·
Registered
22 Posts
RudyT, you could take the nameplate off. You'd still have to use the rivets to plug up the holes.

I had two idiots tell me the Micron cans on my CBR9 looked just like real carbon fiber. Yeah, almost real. LOL

·
Registered
592 Posts
Amen Doc..
I guess I could understand from an advertisement point of view but that is just over the top. TwoBro's new cans are a fresh look w/o the springs the sight says.
A person could take off the plates and fill the holes with rivets as stated above. One could even go as far as swapping the cans left to right so that the rivets are on the inside.
Motorcyclist are generally different though. THey pay attention to details. For example, Stain Tume cans, no advertisement but most all riders know them when they see them. To me, advetising like that is not required on bike stuff, on exhaust cans especially. The twoBro's new cans and end caps are unique, no need for that FUGLY plate on the side.
I would attempt at getting them to send me a set w/o the plates if I were to buy them. If I was forced to purchase with the plate I would probably pass. Spend that much cash and not get what you want? Nah.. I like them though. I like them a lot....

Bryon
97 Vmax
06 FJR1300...tick..tock..tick..tock.

·
Registered
49 Posts
2 bros cans

I got the carbon two brothers slipons, didn't like the big logo, so since they are symmetrical, mounted them "backwards" so the logos are facing the wheel, you have to look close to see the logo, the outsides are "blank".

·
Registered
27 Posts
Really likeing the look of the Blueflame exhaust systems.

Anyone seen an FJR with the triangular EVO 3 systems?
Would really like a set of these, but want to make sure they don;t look cack before splashing out on em.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.