FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm selling my '84 V65 Magna and am getting ready to buy an '06 FJR (AE model--arthritis in my left thumb joint). I've been reading through all your posts, and pretty much everyone seems to like the bike. As with the Magna, there are mods that I'll want to do, and I'm extremely grateful to everyone for sharing their experinces--sure makes life better for those of us who come after you. I do have one question I haven't seen answered, and it's about hand grips: The AE comes with heated grips, which I've never used. I have big hands and need a fatter-than-stock handgrip. In the past I've simply fitted after-market grips on other bikes, but I'm wondering, are there complications because of the heated grips? Do the electrical connectons complicate the switchover? WIll the heating function still work through an after-market grip?

Enquiring minds want to know.

GaryK

·
Registered
372 Posts
Hi Gary, and welcome to the board.
I have tried a few options for the large diameter grip, and the one option I have found to be very good, and would not require removal of your existing grips are the Grip Puppies http://www.casporttouring.com/store...&Product_Code=GPSMALL&Category_Code=Hand-Cont
Great product, cheap and easily removed when its time for a new pair.
Use some hair spray on the existing grips to lubricate them as you slide them on, they are tight, but do a great job.
good luck,
John

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, John,

Look like just the thing, and how can you beat the price?

Do you know what if any impact these will have on the heating function?

GaryK

·
Registered
372 Posts
Can't say how they would impact heating on the FJR grips, but my father in law says his Goldwing grips heatup just fine with them on, just a little longer to warm up that new layer of insulation.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts