Fjrowners.com banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
651 Posts
I have owned a lot of Tourmaster gear and have been very pleased with most of them. I have also had (still do) Dainese winter pants and jacket and mesh jacket. I have mixed reviews of them. The pants are great, the winter jacket pretty good, the mesh jacket disappointing, although I’m still wearing it. I have three winter jackets now, and I mostly wear and like the no longer available Tourmaster Jett III that I bought for $100. It’s my favorite.

When considering gear that costs three times as much, I ask myself “am I trying to fix something that isn’t broken”. I Bought a $850 Schubert helmet about five years ago. I hated it despite trying one on several times before buying. After about six weeks I sold it at a $250 loss, bought what was then about a $550 Shoei GT Air and liked it so much that I’m now on my second one.

Moral of the story is pretty obvious!

Reactions: bounce

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Darien jacket. Darien pants.
Bill
Do you wear the Darien pants over regular pants or by themselves? I find wearing 2 layers of pants gets pretty bulky and it makes it difficult for my short stubby legs to reach the ground at stops.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Original Darien jacket/pants for 20 yrs, then it needed replacing. It was an easy decision. Did a ride to Duluth for a custom fitting for a Darien Lite jacket/pants. It is much less bulky than the original. With both suits the ONLY times I got some wetness is when I forgot to raise up the collar and cinch. I've been through many all day downpours with both. Because it was asked, I wear sports tights (long sleeves) under the Darien and that setup is good for 50f and above. Above 95f is hot no matter what you do. I also have a complete set of heated liners for colder weather. Always fun to get out in single digits on clear dry roads.

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Tourmaster has redesigned the Transition for 2021. They have deleted the liner and made it so you can layer underneath. Vents are more accessible. It’s on the Tourmaster website.

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
I wear them over pants. I just switched to AD-1's. I like them. But they're not really better or worse than the Darien pant. Cut a little slimmer all around. Best way I can put it, Dariens are cut like overpants, ad-1's are cut more like pants. I still wear them over pants with zero issues.
Bill
Do you wear the Darien pants over regular pants or by themselves? I find wearing 2 layers of pants gets pretty bulky and it makes it difficult for my short stubby legs to reach the ground at stops.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have a mesh Tourmaster jacket that i rarely wear since getting an Aerostitch Darien jacket. The Darien is the very durable outershell that i then layer whatever i want under.
Just looked at the invoice from 2017 - $641 out the door with a black Friday discount that was almost $100 off and that was with the additional back armor. Well worth the money in my opinion, but when i bought it i was comparing more to Klim than Tourmaster. I wear some Tourmaster over pants all the time though.
At least it's good we have options in a variety of price points :)

·
Registered
59 Posts
Been riding full time for 10+ years. I've always had Aerostich with armor but also a good leather jacket made here in SF, CA and a cheap mesh jacket for dead of summer.

Crashed once with the Aerostich jacket and pants and it felt like falling on a bed. Armor did its job and no damage to the Aerostich. Quality is amazing but expensive. On the other hand the Aerostich is not particularly warm or great for 100+ heat.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
I wear them over pants. I just switched to AD-1's. I like them. But they're not really better or worse than the Darien pant. Cut a little slimmer all around. Best way I can put it, Dariens are cut like overpants, ad-1's are cut more like pants. I still wear them over pants with zero issues.
Thanks Bill good info. Been trying to decide which pants to get and think the AD-1 Light or the Utility Lights are what I'll go with. Hope to take a ride up there this week (in the truck) and abuse the credit card.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts