FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
love my 06 first fjr coming from a warrior,any way will save reviews for later,i replaced my seat with the new corbin saddle,also added the oval back rest, when my 13 yr old daughter rides the space between me and her are greater then the warrior because the warrior had a back rest behind my seat and she would hold on to it and it was a snug fit,the fjr does not have a driver back rest the rear seat is more comfi,but now she must lean forward to hold on and after a short while hurts her back,any mods like a gold wing or any one else have any suggestions,the handles on the side of the bike she is not comfortable with,any feed back would be great thanks.....................................

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
The pillion should relax on the back even if there is a back rest try not to use it unless hard braking or accelerating is involved.

Also with time not holding on at all will give her confidence.

But you will have to be as smooth as possible for her to get there.

I tell any new pillion to shut there eye's so they are not trying to read the road and anticipate what I'm going to do, but this will take a lot of faith.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Passenger rules

Every time I take a new passenger I tell them that when I am turning right they should look over my right shoulder and when I am turning left they should look over my left shoulder. This avoids the passenger steering the bike by leaning the wrong way. It is a simple rule so is easy to stick to and while they are concentrating on the rule they have less time to worry about other things.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts