FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
Versys 1000, VFR800
11,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend created this video, thought I'd share.......

·
Registered
'05 FJR, non-ABS
249 Posts
Yeah, that was hard to watch!
Agree 100%... and he was working on that nice couch... clearly his wife was not around.
Otherwise, I really like the final result... very nice.
I have the Admore LEDs on my Givi V46 top case with the FJR specific wire loom... very plug and play and works great (extra brake light/signals).
Mr. BR

·
Registered
88 Posts
Interesting that he does drilling etc in the house vs the garage/shop. Looks like a nice finished setup. Whatever you can do to increase visibility/attention to the back of any bike is helpful. My favorite is a Blaster-X tail light, not made for the FJR. The strobe function really gets drivers attention.

·
Registered
2018 FJR1300ES/2022 FJR1300ES
3,532 Posts
I’ve posted this before, but still: I’ve run an admore light bar for years. Much increased visibility from the rear.
After over 100,000 miles on my last light bar, it finally took in water and started fritzing.

I removed it that evening. I was struck from behind the next day.

I’m not asserting cause and effect, but, I’ve never been struck with an admore light bar on the bike. :)

·
Premium Member
Versys 1000, VFR800
11,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Agree...... I ran a Whelen StripLite for years..... similar to the basic Admore bar but 11.5" long. It had 96 LED's including amber signals and a programmable flashing brake light. I mounted it right under the top box mount with some homemade brackets. Got lots of comments.

·
Registered
2018 FJR1300ES/2022 FJR1300ES
3,532 Posts
A very close friend got ended by a left turner this year.

Despite my clearwaters, I’m considering adding skenes on the forks. Admore sent me a crosswiring schematic to mate skenes up with their plug and play harness. How nice was that?
Now, if I can just find it.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Nice setup! I don’t think that guys wife was not home, I don’t think he has a wife He looked way to comfortable getting pieces of plastic shavings everywhere. Even I would have put a towel or something under where I was working 😳

1 - 10 of 10 Posts