Fjrowners.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After more than 100,000 miles, across two FJR’s, my admore light bar wore out. It took on water during several days of heavy rain and stopped working. I never should have lasted as long as it did. I removed it....

Less than 24 hours later, I was struck from behind in traffic. Minor injury, and minor bike damage. All is well. I’m not asserting cause and effect, but it sure made me think. :) I just ordered the replacement.

Ride safe.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Sorry to here that Bill. You've long espoused the ease of use for the Admore. I finally bit the bullet and bought one, just have to figure out how I'm going to use it. (e.g., driving light only or driving/signal light combo)

·
Registered
177 Posts
Had been thinking about some accessory lighting to make myself more visible, particularly when braking - thanks for this thread!

Went to their website - assuming you have the older model based on your post - any opinion on if the newer, more expensive model is worth the money (programmable by attaching to your computer or buying the bluetooth module, etc - thinking all of that is overkill)

·
Premium Member
7,885 Posts
I too have the Admore bar, put on in 2014. Great and easy addition with the plug-N-play harness. https://www.fjrowners.com/forums/10-fjr-farkling-ii/32321-installed-new-admore-light-bar.html

Had been thinking about some accessory lighting to make myself more visible, particularly when braking - thanks for this thread!

Went to their website - assuming you have the older model based on your post - any opinion on if the newer, more expensive model is worth the money (programmable by attaching to your computer or buying the bluetooth module, etc - thinking all of that is overkill)
I am not a fan of "smart brake technology". I find it incredibly annoying to see near constant brake lights during normal riding.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Glad to hear you’re all right.
+ 1 on Admore.
I have them in my Givi . Much more noticeable with trunk on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: Bill Lumberg

·
Premium Member
7,742 Posts
RedRock, save your money.... the brake light based on decel will drive every rider behind you nutz and you'll disable it anyway.... to me those things confuse people into not knowing what you are doing.

·
Premium Member
3,250 Posts

·
Registered
3,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That reminds me, I need to order replacement bag reflectors from real-time, since the left one was messed up when I was struck, and that bag is getting replaced anyway.

Ordered the replacement light bar yesterday. Went with the 11” (previously had the 8”) with tinted lens, to compliment the matte blue and black of the bike.

·
Registered
555 Posts
I too have the Admore bar, put on in 2014. Great and easy addition with the plug-N-play harness. https://www.fjrowners.com/forums/10-fjr-farkling-ii/32321-installed-new-admore-light-bar.html

I am not a fan of "smart brake technology". I find it incredibly annoying to see near constant brake lights during normal riding.
Im not a fan of it either, but i must admit that vehicle is principle in my line of vision because of the WTF factor.
Cannot ignore it so i suppose its done its job !!

Its like when you see a moronic driver around you, one eye is always on that vehicle, anticipating the next dumb move !
I have the Admore case lights in my Givi. Not great, but far better than nothing !

I have the Kisan headlight modulator also, and that annoys everyone, but they see me and thats primary !!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts