FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2007A, 2013A
9,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
Versys 1000, VFR800
9,776 Posts
Crap their stuff is getting expensive!

·
Registered
2018 FJR1300ES
3,301 Posts
The stock light bar isn’t that bad. I’m not interested in the “smart” one. My small light bar still works great after years of use. If it ever fails, I’m going for their large one.

·
Registered
2018 FJR1300ES
3,301 Posts
Posting here for admore admirers. I just got my plug and play harness for my 2018 FJR. Instructions say the connector is just behind the left panel. So I pull the left panel, and there’s the same thing in the same place as it was on the 2014 FJR. Only those connectors won’t in any way fit the plug and play adapter I got from admore. Or any other visible connection behind the left panel. Any 2016+ owners installed an admore? I’m baffled. It was straightforward on the 2014. Love my light bar.

·
Super Moderator
2007A, 2013A
9,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Posting here for admore admirers. I just got my plug and play harness for my 2018 FJR. Instructions say the connector is just behind the left panel. So I pull the left panel, and there's the same thing in the same place as it was on the 2014 FJR. Only those connectors won't in any way fit the plug and play adapter I got from admore. Or any other visible connection behind the left panel. Any 2016+ owners installed an admore? I'm baffled. It was straightforward on the 2014. Love my light bar.
Be sure to call Admore, they'll make it right. This happened a when Yamaha changed the OE connectors a few yrs back, too.

·
Registered
2018 FJR1300ES
3,301 Posts
They called me today. We are both baffled. They sell a lot of these but aren’t sure what bikes they were installed on. Since their 2016+ adapter does not fit any connector on that side of my 2018ES, I’m guessing that either Yamaha changed something or that the wrong part got put in the bag. Told them I’m not too concerned. Will wait for further info. I need to go compare the plug and play admore adapter for the 2014, which I still possess, to the one they sent for the 2018. Their light bars are the best. And over the years, they’ve answered every stupid question I posed promptly and patiently.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts