FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For some time now I've wanted to add a soft neon glow to my Jade FJR (no denying it's the ultimate colour), just for something different. I dropped into Jaycar (Aussie electronics store) on Saturday and what do you know, half price lighting so I dropped some cash on the counter and went home grinning.

I spent the day yesterday drinking beer, eating peanuts and wiring up the lights, finished at midnight and turned it on, ooohhh aaahhh.

Got to get me some of those green LED pilot/parking lights for the front (any suggestions for buying in Aust?)

I took some more pics during assembly into the fairing (I had you guys in mind) so depending on the feedback I'll post some more stuff on it if you want.

My only concern at this point is whether the flouro tube type lighting is up to the heat of the engine in summer. If not, I'll buy the LED strips which are a little more expensive but very robust. Oh and my other concern is whther the police will take an interest, I'm willing to find out.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Had a similar thing in Adelaide, and the Police became very interested indeed.

Had to remove it but they did say if it wasn't so bright they would have ignored it.

·
Registered
372 Posts
BLING :shock:
Looks like it is too bright to me. Saw someone at WFO two years ago who had just a few blue LEDs on the inside of the fairing and it looked pretty cool. Only for parking effects though, not for running.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The photo makes it look a lot brighter than it is, in fact I had to put a piece of tape over the pilot lights at the front as they were so bright is was causing a 'sunspot' on the photo. It's more of a warm glow than the floodlight effect in the photo.

Tonight is my first night ride on the roads so I'll have my license and smiley face ready for questioning... I did think about fitting a switch but as the night wore on I couldn't be bothered.

I know the poleze don't like red and white lights in the wrong place, and blue is dodgy as red / blue lights are associated with emergency services. I'm hoping green will benign enough to not upset anyone but I'm sure I'll find an officer one day that won't be satisifed no matter what.

Surely noone would get upset with a JADE bike, they're so beautiful :D

·
Registered
66 Posts
I have a clothes peg and a peice of thick cardboard attached to my front forks. When I coast down a hill with the engine turned off the cardboard runs against the spokes of the front wheel and makes a delightful clacketty clak sound :crylarf: !!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts