FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't imagine that this hasn't been discussed but can't find it with a search.

I know this is a fast bike but wonder if anyone has specs like zero to 60, zero to 100 and quarter-mile performance. It would be interesting to see specs for acceleration at highway speeds too, like 60-100.

Thanks.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Motorcycle Consumer News tested an 03 and here are the results for the items you asked:

0 to 60 = 2.97 seconds

0 to 100 = 6.84 seconds

Standing qtr mile = 10.68 seconds at 126.28 mph

Does not list a time for 60 to 100.

Another source (motorcyclist magazine) shows 60 to 80 to be 3.65 seconds.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
I would estimate that the 60-100 time would be around.....oooohh....let me see.....something like 3.87 seconds

as a rough estimate :wink: :lol:

·
Registered
7,358 Posts
So THOSE are the numbers everybody's been talking about!

I love how the FJR beats the R1 in 0-60. :lol: 10.68 in the quarter (maybe the rider got a half second head start)

It's a fast bike, but they must've had a child riding it to post those. hee hee

:)

·
Registered
3 Posts
0 to 60 times

0 to 60 times are based just as much on getting the power to the ground as power. The new HD "Destroyer" VRod drag bike, available for around $38,000 (yikes) is a warmed-up VRod (about 135 rear-wheel HP) with a lot of traction enhancements. A writer for Motorcyclist (I believe) who had never drag raced was able to get one into the high 9's in the quarter-mile. Experienced riders, after only tweaking the chassis settings, were in the low 9's, flirting with the high 8's.

The Triumph Rocket III was the fastest accelerating bike ever in early factory testing by Triumph, beating all of the liter-bikes and Hayabusa because of it's huge amount of torque, long wheelbase and wide rear tire. They actually detuned the thing because it was too much for the market they were aiming at. Sport-bikes are designed for quick handling, not drag racing.

I could easily see a FJR beating a R1 0-60 in the hands of average motorcyclists. It would take a very experienced drag racer to get all of the R1's power to the ground without sending the front wheel over your head.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I spent a day at the drag strip late last summer with a buddy of mine who rides a GSXR-1000 both of us had never been on a drag strip in our lives (on our bikes ) and just went to play. it was a cool day and he was having traction issues but the FJR with more weight and a softer rear suspension was just diggin in and goin. I posted an 11.886 on my very first run and then very consistent 11.5's @ 120mph four trips in a row with R/T's in the .1888-.228 range. the front tire wasnt trying to lift at all so i prolly could have been trying harder and i weigh in the 240lb range but i still think that 10.6 is a bit optimistic for a stock FJR

my personal best 2005 FJR -R/T .188
-60' 2.056
-1/8 mile [email protected]
-1/4 mile [email protected]

·
Registered
592 Posts
grez said:
-60' 2.056
It's all in the 60 foot time. A tenth in the 60 is worth 2 tenths at the end is a common rule of thumb. With a 2.056, there is room for improvement. I go about twice a year with my Vmax so I do not consider myself to be anything more than a novice. I run a 1.7X usually when I can get a good hook. If you were to get in the 1.7's I would think that 11.00's or better would be possible. I weigh 150 so I would guess that frontend lift would be tough for me on a FJR. At your 240 you should be able to put the hammer down on the start once you got comfortable. Of course this is depending on how hard you are willing to be on your bike. I will definitely give it a shot when I get my 06. I won't be able to help myself.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I would love to take Frank drag racin. I just doubt Yami would buy me 3 clutches the way Mopar did for my 69 Road Roach way back when........ :lol:

·
Registered
7,358 Posts
Re: 0 to 60 times

Tigger said:
I could easily see a FJR beating a R1 0-60 in the hands of average motorcyclists. It would take a very experienced drag racer to get all of the R1's power to the ground without sending the front wheel over your head.
Yes, so it would seem. But between my buddy and me, with comparable riding skills... neither one of us could get the FJR close to the R1 in zero-to-anything. And we weren't abusing the clutch on the R1, either. It just feels like the weight of a bicycle compared to the FJR. So half of it's power to the ground must do the job.

The FJR is very easy to launch, however... and you can certainly surprise any sportbike with it. If the sportbiker thinks it's a BMW, he won't even try, and you'll be ancient history. :D

:)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts