FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Riding along at luch a few days ago, nice day, clear streets, behind a line of traffic. As we approach an intersection, I can see that the light ahead is red, and sure enough, brake lights start cascading back towards me. No problems for me though as I slide left into the turn lane which is clear all the way to the stop line.
Some *expitives deleted* cager decided to stop short and let another car out of the convenience store lot about 20 yards short of the stop line. Without looking, a car pulls out broadside to me at panic distance. :shock:
I grab handsful of clutch and brake, stand on the rear brake, and just because I make a point of having my thumb over the horn detonator :twisted: whenever I'm anywhere near traffic, open up with the Magnum Blasters.
Woman that needs to get on the gas to get out of the way, smashes her brakes and stops in front of me, completely blocking the lane. Her head snapped over in my direction when the horns went off, let go of the wheel and raised her hands to protect her face from the impending impact as she screamed.
With the ABS pulsing rapidly, the bike stopped perhaps 1 foot short of collision. When my feet touched the ground, I finally released the horn.
Watch out for idiots...
Thank you Yamaha for ABS that works, and Stebel for helping scare a cager into thinking I was a truck.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Wess said:
Riding along at luch a few days ago, nice day, clear streets, behind a line of traffic. As we approach an intersection, I can see that the light ahead is red, and sure enough, brake lights start cascading back towards me. No problems for me though as I slide left into the turn lane which is clear all the way to the stop line.
Some *expitives deleted* cager decided to stop short and let another car out of the convenience store lot about 20 yards short of the stop line. Without looking, a car pulls out broadside to me at panic distance. :shock:
I grab handsful of clutch and brake, stand on the rear brake, and just because I make a point of having my thumb over the horn detonator :twisted: whenever I'm anywhere near traffic, open up with the Magnum Blasters.
Woman that needs to get on the gas to get out of the way, smashes her brakes and stops in front of me, completely blocking the lane. Her head snapped over in my direction when the horns went off, let go of the wheel and raised her hands to protect her face from the impending impact as she screamed.
With the ABS pulsing rapidly, the bike stopped perhaps 1 foot short of collision. When my feet touched the ground, I finally released the horn.
Watch out for idiots...
Thank you Yamaha for ABS that works, and Stebel for helping scare a cager into thinking I was a truck.
Glad that you were not hurt and the horns worked out as planned.

I am having a hard time finding them Magnum Blasters in Naples, Florida. Where/what store did you purchase them from?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts