FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Eye been going to a rally in JOHNSTOWN, PA. for about 6 years now and must admit that it started out like a gathering and then developed into probably one of the best kept secrets in moto rallys. June 06 will be my first time on the FJR and eye would just love to arrange a ride-in for anyone interested. Back to that later on...

THIS is the only rally that I have ever been to in which the local folks enjoy the rally just as much or more that the out-of-town bikers. This is because the entire area is depressed. Steel mines closed down and tha town went kaplump; therefore, the locals tend to view this rally as their pride and joy. Shucks, you have to try and not get to chummy with them cause the first thing outta their mouth will be "let me go riding with you" or "hey mister that sure is a pretty bike, can I ride with you today". And, they mean it too. Just a whole town full of good-ole folks.

In 06 I decided to do a lot touring in the area and Oh my gawd, the roads in that part of PA. can hold their own with any roads in the country. It's easy to ride on any road and get tired of turning and twisting and say "Okay I had enough twists and turns today", then go back to town to the festivities. Bluntly put, you can leave downtown Johnstown and take any road out of town and get the blast of your life.

This year I camped at the Lorain Boro Park in Lorain Borough at a cost of 20 bucks a night and found it more that adequate.

If you would like to see their site go to www.motorcycleevents.com and look un the upper left corner for ThunderInTheValley.

Iffin any of you East Coast FJR's would like for me to plan a ride-in for the 06 THUNDER IN THE VALLEY, just say so and I will get right on it, complete with hotels, campgrounds & meeting places.

WHAT-CHA-THINK?

·
Registered
59 Posts
I went to thunder in yhe vally last year with a friend of mine. We were on harley's but this year we will be on FJR,s because we ordered 2006 models at the same time.looking foward to the rally we stayed about 40 miles away. there is great riding in this area.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lrider said:
I went to thunder in yhe vally last year with a friend of mine. We were on harley's but this year we will be on FJR,s because we ordered 2006 models at the same time.looking foward to the rally we stayed about 40 miles away. there is great riding in this area.
O MY GAWD, 40 miles away? I would be scared to be that far away wit all them damn deer there. Iffin you and your boys are campers you ought to stay right smack in the middle of town where eye stayed.

You think I or we ought to do an east coast ride-in for any members intrested. Shucks, don't make no difference iffin we have 5 or 30 cause you kno it will be a blast.

You could draw a circle from Washington to South Bend to Cinn. and over to Syracuse and still could not come up with a radius of 400 miles.

What-cha-think?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts