FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Yes I know it's an FJR gallery, but the scenery is so pretty so I wanted to share, sorry ;-)
Visiting my favorite playgrounds, this time on my VStrom 650XA hope September and October will have plenty sunny days, not ready for winter just yet. :smile2:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
and few more

Attachments

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A perfect "combo" highly recommended, love, love ,love both, my '17 FJR-ES and '18 Strom 650XA, the best of both worlds the Sport Touring and ADVenture (including light-to-moderate off-roading).

If you like your FJR, but sometimes wish you have a lighter bike as well, then keep your FJR and pick up one of these 650's full featured (ABS, Traction,heated grips,anti-stall etc) you'll be happy you did (I am), some of the second hand Strom's are at bargain price, can't believe how much bike you get for the money, (some of those electric bicycles cost more then what I paid for my '18 c/w 5yr warranty) and apparently great Suzuki reliability.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Was going to take my FJR for a short spin today, but it just didn't have enough traction ...luckily I have another bike more suitable for current weather we are having here in Alberta...

Attachments

·
Registered
94 Posts
Snow ?? Already ??

Beautiful area that you live in , but def too cold/icy/snowy for me .

I didn't see the earlier post until now , what the heck is that helo doing so low in the background ?!

George

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
I didn't see the first post until now either. Love the third pic top row. All are good pics.

Nowhere here to ride like that. But I have lots of curvy country roads to exercise my FJR and CB 1100.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Snow ?? Already ??
Beautiful area that you live in , but def too cold/icy/snowy for me .
I didn't see the earlier post until now , what the heck is that helo doing so low in the background ?!
George
Ha ha, Thank you George glad you liked the pictures, yes it's truly beautiful here, clean air, clean water, some snow yes (good moisture for farmers) and it also creates new challenges when driving or riding

Too hot, too cold, too wet, too humid....It's hard to find a perfect place in this world weatherwise,... have a friend, he went to Palm Springs last week, spending his days inside the house hugging the AC since the outside temps are crazy 38 deg C (100+ F) daily and hard to breath or do anything, and he is not the youngest fellow anymore, I told him he should have stayed here in Alberta instead.

Helicopter in the background are rangers patrolling national parks, checking for fires
Cheers

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
I didn't see the first post until now either. Love the third pic top row. All are good pics.

Nowhere here to ride like that. But I have lots of curvy country roads to exercise my FJR and CB 1100.
Ha ha, the most active guy on this forum and missing a thread ;... glad you like the pictures and scenery
Cheers

·
Premium Member
CBF1000 VFR800
8,405 Posts
What the heck, Damir... stop posting those photos of white stuff. No such thing here, it's a long way off... you can keep it up there in YOUR part of the so-called Great White North.
(PS, I'm on a similar latitude of south Oregon/Idaho)

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
What the heck, Damir... stop posting those photos of white stuff. No such thing here,
Oh you'll get a fair share of the white stuff and cold soon Ray, just like every year, you just need to get a toy that will handle it and that's all 🙂 .... did you ever hear people in the desert complaining about too much sand.. No... they just get the right toys and tires and have fun.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Ha ha, the most active guy on this forum and missing a thread 🤣... glad you like the pictures and scenery 👍
Cheers
Great pics indeed Damir, every one of them. Have no excuse for missing it either. Checked my calendar, wasn't on a trip, rode the FJR 50 miles that day, my 238th day of riding for the year, bringing my total to 13,059 miles. It was 81 degrees and cloudy. I don't know why, just missed it. My loss. :(

Glad you reposted so I could see it. Thanks. :wink2:

Oh and keep the snow please. I do ride in it, but dont like it much.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Great pics indeed Damir, every one of them.

Glad you reposted so I could see it. Thanks. :wink2:
You're welcome Ferret, and Thank you, glad you like the scenery :smile2:

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
...photos of white stuff. No such thing here, it's a long way off...
according to my last year "first snow" post
https://www.fjrowners.com/forums/14-gallery/148387-winter-colors-19-alberta-canada.html

this year first snow came 2 weeks later then last year...there is a trend pattern here...global warming is happening for sure :grin2:, give it another 50yrs, we'll be wearing short sleeves and ridding in January...

I'm gonna stop buying winter stuff effectively as of today :wink2:

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
We got a 14deg C day, most of the snow gone, so one more quick ride on my Strom. Didn't see any "True ADV" (i.e...GS's) bikes around today, probably because there are no Starbucks where I ride :)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Braving the Alberta winter weather, took my 650 out for a short ride today, it was a nice sunny winter day, Oxford grips at 100%

...yes the dashboard was reading 3deg C (37 F)...but I swear it felt more like 4deg :D ... cute little snowflake Emoji on my dashboard ❄, ....Suzuki is trying to be funny, just reminding me of possibility of crutches, broken legs and arms before Xmas ;-)

Got home safe and sound after 2hrs, had some hot chocolate and spent the rest of the afternoon next to the fireplace 🔥, (done and done the itch was just scratched)

14 day outlook looks great (for Alberta Nov/Dec) considering some 10-20 years back we were at -20' -30's and even -40's

Attachments

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Great warm weather for the next few days 15deg C today 03.Dec unseasonaly warm... we'll take it :-D had a great 3hr ride, lots of bikers out taking advantage of nice weather.

Attachments

·
Registered
78 Posts
Great warm weather for the next few days 15deg C today 03.Dec unseasonaly warm... we'll take it :-D had a great 3hr ride, lots of bikers out taking advantage of nice weather.
Its spose to be close to 50f here on Wed. Gonna take the day off & break out the bike 1...... more... time.......I think this will be the 4th time i bring it back outa the shed.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Great warm weather for the next few days 15deg C today 03.Dec unseasonaly warm... we'll take it
had a great 3hr ride, lots of bikers out taking advantage of nice weather.
You can stop bragging any time . . . and come help me shovel. Grrrrrr.

Haynes

Reactions: Damir
1 - 20 of 30 Posts