FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings all,

My dealer wants to charge me $285 for the 600 mile service on my 06 FJR. I checked out the owners manual to see what they would be doing and it is basically an oil and filter change.

Anyone have any insight into this? Does the filter on these bikes cost a $100 each or what? :?

What is your dealer charging you for the 600 mile service? :?

Weekender.

·
Registered
250 Posts
$ 271.62 in Virginia. This includes 2.5 hrs of labor for $222.50, $28.78 for parts and $18 for supplies plus $2.34 for sales tax.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Not a FJR, but the first service on my Speed Triple was $205.00 for basically a oil/filter change and a bunch of visual inspections. With few exceptions, dealers are whores, IMHO.
Dealer will not see me again unless I have a warrenty issue. :x

·
Registered
177 Posts
£65 in the UK 3 years ago for 600 mile service...no labour charge, just fully synthetic engine oil, filter and rear tranny fluid.

·
Registered
331 Posts
£55:00 2-years ago here in the U.K. Like malki no charge for labour.

£175:00 for 6,000 and just had 12,000 done day before yesterday and was charged £282:10 that included checking all suspension and steering perts

·
Registered
185 Posts
>just had 12,000 done day before yesterday and was charged £282:10

my 12K done last week £156.56 including sorting out my sticky back brake.
First service, as is standard in the UK if you go back to the dealer you bought the bike from was parts only, no labour charge.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Just had a full service including bleeding all hydraulics, carried out by my friendly back street dealer (who I've used for over 15 years) for £129.30.

It pays to stick with someone you know and trust!

·
Registered
11 Posts
I asked my dealer about the cost for 600 mile service when I picked up the bike today. He said $60 plus parts...about $100. Not too bad I don't think.

Regular checkups will be $90 + parts thereafter, probably will be doing my own anyway from that point on.

·
Registered
55 Posts
rad said:
[quote - It pays to stick with someone you know and trust!
First, you have to find him. :([/quote]

I overheard him in a pub talking to someone about bikes, we got talking and it emerged he had a bike shop (next to a funeral director - always a sobering thought when I go and collect the bike!). Sometimes you just get lucky.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Your supposed to do a throttle body sync at 600 mi, but very few dealers do it. Makes a big difference in the way some bikes run, idle, and the amount of vibes you get. 600 mi is pretty much a must for the TBS and you don't want them just in spec, you want them perfect.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I guess those of us that been on this forum since 2002 when the bikes came over have got so use to doing the TBS because it made such a difference that I don't remember if it is in the manual or we just came to that conclusion. I thought it was, but I will have to look for sure. Look in FJR Tech to see the how to.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts