FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well the title says most of it. I had an account back in the day, couldn't figure out the login so I'm starting a new account.

I just picked up a 2015 ES with just under 2000 miles. Super clean, super low miles. Excited to be back on an FJR again.

A little backstory. I've had 3 FJRs as the title states. My first was a 14 ES purchased new in 14. My second was an 07 AE auto clutch purchased used in 2017 for a song with electrical issues and 3200 miles. And now I just picked up my 2015 about a month ago.

I ended up with the first 14FJR after a 4000 mile, 10 day trip from Deep in the Heart of Texas to Asheville NC, on an 865 Bonneville SE. I got home on a Thursday, and Saturday morning I had an FJR. I rode the first for 3 years and 25k miles until the Mrs. mentioned she was interested in riding along if I would buy a Harley. So I bought one, a 17 CVO Streetglide.

I didn't like riding the CVO to work everyday 130miles round trip, so I found the 07 craigslist FJR. Spent a year fighting all kinds of random issues with it, but once I got it dialed in, it was a great bike, and I put 30k on it through 2020.

Now here I am, picking up a 2015 ES. It was like reuniting with an old friend. I had my 2014 dialed, and I never sold off any of the stuff I had on it or the 2007, so I was able to make quick work of some upgrades.

So far, I have:
Sargent Seat
Garmin Zumo XT hardwired.
Fuzeblock Distribution Box
Healtech Quickshifter
Canyon Cages
Heavy Weight Bar Ends
SW Motech Tank Bank
Akrapovic Exhaust
The 2016 Lighter/Slipper Clutch is sitting on the shelf waiting for a spring that was misplaced
The Clearwater Ericas go on Tomorrow (Saturday)

Anyway, rejoining the forum, and hoping to contribute when possible. Here's a couple pics of the last 2. I don't have one of the new one with all the farkles yet. That'll come soon somewhere on the forum.

Tire Wheel Sky Fuel tank Automotive tail & brake light
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Plant Vehicle

Reactions: Oldjeep
1 - 2 of 2 Posts