FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
Versys 1000, VFR800
11,077 Posts
Hmmm, bit of an offhanded promo for Road6's?
To be really meaningful, gimme comparisons to more tires in the ST category, eg, Angel GT, Contis, Roadsmarts, etc..
I can tell you Diablo Rosso's work great on my VFR. Bit too soft for FJR.

Reactions: Whooshka

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've found his videos to be incredibly informative. He's a very bright young man and I'm guessing these tires were highlighted for no reason other than their technical abilities. He has a unique ability to transmit info in a very entertaining and informative fashion.

·
Premium Member
4,064 Posts
I've found his videos to be incredibly informative. He's a very bright young man and I'm guessing these tires were highlighted for no reason other than their technical abilities.
Undoubtedly. He has covered modern examples (advantages and disadvantages) of shape, compound, and economy.

·
Premium Member
430 Posts
Makes one wonder why a car tire on the rear does not make the bike crash or how a Shinko R-009 corners since the rear tire has more almost flat surface than round surface unless it is because riders like me do not act like a fool on a bike - most of the time.

·
Registered
2003 FJR1300 Liquid Silver
128 Posts
Makes one wonder why a car tire on the rear does not make the bike crash or how a Shinko R-009 corners since the rear tire has more almost flat surface than round surface unless it is because riders like me do not act like a fool on a bike - most of the time.
Maybe you don't act like a fool on a bike (most of the time) because your tire choice is limiting your confidence and your bike's performance. I walk very cautiously on ice, for example.
He made a good point about the profiles that have a wide center being more practical for many of us because of the longer life they tend to give. That's pretty much the whole advantage to the car tire thing; longevity.

·
Registered
7,468 Posts
Very well produced as usual, but this is more of a comparison between supersport tires and sport touring tires... and touring tires. Almost all major brands use these different schemes, so I don't know why he honed them down to Pirelli, Michelin and Bridgestone.

Any brand of race tire will slide like it's on ice until they're perfectly hot.

·
Premium Member
430 Posts
I usually did not ride like a fool in the younger years because I had a family to support and had to be at work Monday morning. I did not need bragging rights like some I rode with that did a crash and burn. Now I am old and if I have to kneel down to work on something in the garage it takes a couple minutes to try to get back up. My foolishness was 1/4 mile and not corners. I knew my limitations and was not worth a hospital stay to prove I was a manly man. I only had to watch 1 kid on a group ride 40 years ago not make a corner and hit a tree only to be paralyzed from the waist down for the rest of his life. Excessive leaning in a corner makes me wanna crap my pants and I still have my pride to keep the undies clean.

·
Registered
2003 FJR1300 Liquid Silver
128 Posts
I usually did not ride like a fool in the younger years because I had a family to support and had to be at work Monday morning. I did not need bragging rights like some I rode with that did a crash and burn. Now I am old and if I have to kneel down to work on something in the garage it takes a couple minutes to try to get back up. My foolishness was 1/4 mile and not corners. I knew my limitations and was not worth a hospital stay to prove I was a manly man. I only had to watch 1 kid on a group ride 40 years ago not make a corner and hit a tree only to be paralyzed from the waist down for the rest of his life. Excessive leaning in a corner makes me wanna crap my pants and I still have my pride to keep the undies clean.
Ride your own ride. Sounds like you and I will save money by NOT buying track tires for the FJR.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts