FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am sure you guys have allready touched on this. but it is new to me just getting to my break in period. whats the alternetive fluid for this rediculessly priced pint container of liqiud gold. it apears to be some kind of synthetic blend?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Shaft Lube

$29 and your complaining I bought a bottle in the uk just last week cost me £23 thats close on $40 :x . Nice job on the rack. I recon you will be able to take the
kitchen sink along as well with that baby 8) :ale:
Regards
Esme

·
Registered
237 Posts
Yeah..this topic has been greased over a billion times. However, if you are so inclined to use the Yamaha OEM stuff, it is available at a really significant discount from Waynesville Cycle in Waynesville (duh), NC.
They have a website and do a lot of mail order business. Nice folks to deal with. :wink:

·
Registered
426 Posts
If it makes you feel better, I think you get 2 servings out of that little bottle of gold. Also, I think that is the stuff that is for high-speed use, like 130mph all day long on the autobahn. Not necessary here in the States unless you live in Montana.

My dealer put in Golden Spectro when he changed mine and the next time I just grabbed a synthetic gear lube of the shelf at O'Reilly's. I chose synthetic because the expensive Yamaha stuff is supposed to suppress foaming and I don't think synthetic foams much.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts