FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2004 FJR has 34000 miles on it now, and I really do love my bike, so I took her in for preventative maintenance.

D & C Motorcycles Head Repair did the following for me:
Checked valve clearances and cam chain.
Replaced brake and clutch fluid
Spark plugs and Throttle Body sync.
New expensive air filter… they say it breaths better, just blow out – spray with oil once in a while instead of replacing.
Greased steering column bearings.
Full checkout of frame bolts, hoses etc.
New front Tire.

$735.

D & C Motorcycles Head Repair
1033 Blanding Blvd
Orange Park, FL 32065

(904) 272-0747

I like these guys, and now that I have found them they will be handling my motorcycle needs from now on. It is great to actually get to talk to the motorcycle mechanic. Kevin now has experience with getting the valve cover off and checking the valves on an FJR. So if you are looking to get your checked and you live near, do consider D & C.

The Yamaha dealership for Jacksonville, Purcell’s… One does get a warm fuzzy feeling… Yet they are so busy and rushed. The mechanic is off limits, the salesmen are stiff, and the only person that will really talk to me is the very cute cashier girl, but she is a little under age.

·
Registered
237 Posts
How about:

New plugs
Oil change
Coolant change
All fasteners checked/retorqued
Head bearings serviced
Changed fork oil
Load test on battery
All hoses checked

..........$344 and had the bike in 2 days.

Interested?? Check out
Spaceport Cycles (Yamaha and KTM Dealer)
Titusville, FL

Good guys.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Ron Turner Cycles in Jacksonville has one of the most capable service departments I've seen. The whole store is staffed by friendly and competent folks and the service mechanics are top notch.....no surprise as Ron Turner is an accomplished ex-racer and is one who demands excellence in his employees. They have been servicing my Yamahas for years and doing an exceptional job......and I'm a fairly picky guy when it comes to putting a wrench to my bike.

·
Registered
3 Posts
How about in Tampabay area?

Ok, you guys have any recommendations for a dealer near me in west central Florida.
Thanks

·
Registered
103 Posts
hg_florida said:
My 2004 FJR has 34000 miles on it now, and I really do love my bike, so I took her in for preventative maintenance.

D & C Motorcycles Head Repair did the following for me:
Checked valve clearances and cam chain.
Replaced brake and clutch fluid
Spark plugs and Throttle Body sync.
New expensive air filter… they say it breaths better, just blow out - spray with oil once in a while instead of replacing.
Greased steering column bearings.
Full checkout of frame bolts, hoses etc.
New front Tire.

$735.

D & C Motorcycles Head Repair
1033 Blanding Blvd
Orange Park, FL 32065

(904) 272-0747

I like these guys, and now that I have found them they will be handling my motorcycle needs from now on. It is great to actually get to talk to the motorcycle mechanic. Kevin now has experience with getting the valve cover off and checking the valves on an FJR. So if you are looking to get your checked and you live near, do consider D & C.

The Yamaha dealership for Jacksonville, Purcell's… One does get a warm fuzzy feeling… Yet they are so busy and rushed. The mechanic is off limits, the salesmen are stiff, and the only person that will really talk to me is the very cute cashier girl, but she is a little under age.
I am looking for a mechanic for future service on my 06 Triumph Speed Triple. I'll give them a call in the morning to see if they have the interest, tools, etc to work on the Triple.

Thanks for the contact info.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts